How many deposits have you put down so far??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikeMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far I have 2 deposits down :eek:

Anyone else wasting as much money as I am?

Might be a 3rd in the next few weeks too :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

So far I have 2 deposits down :eek:

Anyone else wasting as much money as I am?

Might be a 3rd in the next few weeks too :rolleyes:

Where are yours? Bradenton and DCOM?

Are you still waiting on PCOM-GA? is that your top choice?

Where are yours? Bradenton and DCOM?

Are you still waiting on PCOM-GA? is that your top choice?

DCOM and Erie actually. Waiting to hear back from PCOM-GA (within next couple weeks I believe?) and waitlist at Nova (could be months). Nova is my top choice, PCOM-GA in close second

Members don't see this ad :)
Only one thank goodness. That trash can get expensive. :eek:

One for me! I couldn't just throw $2000 down the drain .... don't have it in me. :(

I got my top choice...so only one down for me. :thumbup:

I can only imagine how expensive holding multiples is getting.

Why on earth would anyone hold multiple spots?

It'd be due to a timing thing I'd think - you know, holding out for a particular school where you've interviewed. Well, that's probably the case for most but I'm sure some people want more time to make decision since the deposit dates vary.

I decided on KCUMB and gave them my money. They were my first choice!

$1000 deposit for KCOM and, just yesterday, the "pre-registration" payment of $500. I think it is so lame that DO schools get away with this scam. No MD programs expect thousands of dollars just to hold a place in the class. But...they know we will pay so we're the ones that have to suck it up and deal. :mad:

It'd be due to a timing thing I'd think - you know, holding out for a particular school where you've interviewed. Well, that's probably the case for most but I'm sure some people want more time to make decision since the deposit dates vary.

I mean c'mon it's April already. Don't most people know that they'd take X over Y, over Z? I understand paying multiple deposits until you get your #1, my question is: Why would people hold "multiples"? That makes no sense.

I mean c'mon it's April already. Don't most people know that they'd take X over Y, over Z? I understand paying multiple deposits until you get your #1, my question is: Why would people hold "multiples"? That makes no sense.

Sure it does. Some people may not know and of course some still see it as inconsiderate towards other applicants. Regardless, I considered doing it (didn't have to) and since the dates for interviews vary - and subsequently deposit deadlines, there's nothing unusual about trying to hold onto "that which is certain" with the hope of "that which is not". :laugh:

Waiting for financial aid packages perhaps. If one school happened to give scholarship or grant money and another didn't, that could be a big factor for some people.

Why on earth would anyone hold multiple spots?

I think MikeMD wanted to know how many deposits you sent in, not how many seats you are holding. Some of the schools only give you 2 weeks to send in your deposit, so if he gets an acceptance elsewhere a month later and decides to go there that would be his second deposit. He might have withdrawn his seat already at the other school, but he still sent the deposit and is down some great deal of money. I'm in a similar situation, sent my deposit it for ATSU-SOMA but I'm waiting to hear back from GA-PCOM. If I get an acceptance at GA-PCOM I'll definitely go there but I'll never be getting my deposit back from SOMA.

I think MikeMD wanted to know how many deposits you sent in, not how many seats you are holding. Some of the schools only give you 2 weeks to send in your deposit, so if he gets an acceptance elsewhere a month later and decides to go there that would be his second deposit. He might have withdrawn his seat already at the other school, but he still sent the deposit and is down some great deal of money. I'm in a similar situation, sent my deposit it for ATSU-SOMA but I'm waiting to hear back from GA-PCOM. If I get an acceptance at GA-PCOM I'll definitely go there but I'll never be getting my deposit back from SOMA.

Mike is holding 2 seats (DCOM and Lecom-E). When you send in a deposit, you are holding a seat until you withdraw.

$2000 to TOUROCOM since Oct. Only place i am holding a seat currently.