How many DO schools are you applying to and your stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

petyr_baelish

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just applied to 20 schools and no regrets. I hope this is my year.[stats redacted]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not a final number, but 3.25/3.25, 32 and 18 schools. Would like to see what everyone else is doing

Members don't see this ad :)
Not a final number, but 3.25/3.25, 32 and 18 schools. Would like to see what everyone else is doing
You can easily narrow down your list and save yourself money without worries. Great mcat for DO schools

Guess I need to do some more research on schools haha I have 6 on my list so far

21 schools, science gpa: 3.61, overall: 3.64, 27 mcat (8,9,10). The list GPA is the AACOMAS-calculated GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
3.83 cgpa, 3.84 sgpa. 30 MCAT (12/7 Yikes/11). Currently have 10 schools on my list

Guess I need to do some more research on schools haha I have 6 on my list so far
I only applied to 4 during the cycle I got in. Saved a butt load of cash monies

I'm just applying to PCOM and CCOM, plus 22 MD schools. I cannot go somewhere not near a big city, so PCOM, CCOM, and MUCOM are pretty much my only options.

I have a 3.5cGPA, 3.4sGPA, (upward trend- 3.9 this past year) and between 90-100 percentile on the 2015 MCAT (will find out my score on the 16th).

Hopefully it's enough!

I'm just applying to PCOM and CCOM, plus 22 MD schools. I cannot go somewhere not near a big city, so PCOM, CCOM, and MUCOM are pretty much my only options.

I have a 3.5cGPA, 3.4sGPA, (upward trend- 3.9 this past year) and between 90-100 percentile on the 2015 MCAT (will find out my score on the 16th).

Hopefully it's enough!
How do you know your percentile prior to receiving your score (or are you just assuming...?) I'm just curious.

How do you know your percentile prior to receiving your score (or are you just assuming...?) I'm just curious.
April test takers received preliminary percentiles. They gave us a 15 pt range for each section and a 10 pt range for the whole thing. I got 85-100 on every section and 90-100 on the whole thing.

The new MCAT released percentiles about 3 weeks after test date, while actual scores are taking close to 2 months.

Members don't see this ad :)
The new MCAT released percentiles about 3 weeks after test date, while actual scores are taking close to 2 months.
Nice. Wish they would have done that back when I took it.

I only applied to 4 during the cycle I got in. Saved a butt load of cash monies

Send some of them monies my way.

That's awesome though, nice work. I'm looking at PCOM, DMU, KCUMB, and the AT Still's.

Edit: That's only 5.. I forgot the 6th lol

Nice. Wish they would have done that back when I took it.
It's alright, but not really all that helpful. If your range is between 75-85, for example, that tells you almost nothing.

If I had to wait over 2 months to find out any idea of my score, I don't know what I'd do, but it would not be pretty, haha.

It's alright, but not really all that helpful. If your range is between 75-85, for example, that tells you almost nothing.

If I had to wait over 2 months to find out any idea of my score, I don't know what I'd do, but it would not be pretty, haha.
My wait was a month on the dot. I took the MCAT a couple of years before I decided to apply (terrible idea, but can't change that now.) I don't understand why they can't have them scored immediately like the DAT since they got rid of the writing section.

My wait was a month on the dot. I took the MCAT a couple of years before I decided to apply (terrible idea, but can't change that now.) I don't understand why they can't have them scored immediately like the DAT since they got rid of the writing section.
It's taking two months since they have to create/normalize the new scoring system. I really would like an ELI5 of what that entails and why it takes so long.

3.26/3.27/32 (12,11,9)
18 schools (+/-2 schools)

3.4 s/c GPA, 28 MCAT (from 22 retake), 17 schools, which seems like not enough considering I have a fee waiver.

3.2/3.5, pending MCAT
12 DO
14 MD

3.84 cGPA / 3.87 sGPA, 25 MCAT (8/7/10)
28 DO schools (boatload - I know)
15 MD schools

@user3/anyone else are you surprised as I am at how many people are applying to +16 DO schools with the stats they have???

@user3/anyone else are you surprised as I am at how many people are applying to +16 DO schools with the stats they have???

Even if you have good stats (above average) in both, there is no guarantee of acceptance
People who have a weak gpa or mcat or both definitely feel worse about it

Also, people don't want to reapply. The school number might be overkill but it's better than not applying to enough and having regrets

Reactions: 3 users
3.39 cGPA
3.14 sGPA
27 MCAT (7/11/9) -> Retake on June 19th. I know that we can receive secondaries, and hopefully my new (and higher) MCAT score will be in by the time people start reviewing the secondaries for interviews.
24 D.O. Schools
8 M.D. Schools

LizzyM ~67, 9 DO, 18 MD

I did a lot of research on the schools I've chosen and I would be happy being admitted at any one of those at this point. I also did not apply to schools with really low OOS chances, without significant state ties.

3.5 cGPA and sGPA, 26 mcat, 22 schools (still editing). I'm pretty surprised at the number of people applying to MDs and DOs.

If I keep my A from my current retake, I will be 3.34cGPA/3.27sGPA/27 MCAT (8,9,10). I am applying to 21 schools. I do not want to have to do this again next year.

no- better safe than sorry. Also, checking multiple schools out to see what clicks best doesn't hurt either.

can we put the schools on here too? because I am still so uncertain about my school list even tho I have created threads on it lol

3.3 cGPA/sGPA. prelim percentile of 55% on new MCAT, retaking the end of June. I've got 12 DO schools so far, but looking at you guys I'm starting to think I might need more...

3.3 cGPA/sGPA. prelim percentile of 55% on new MCAT, retaking the end of June. I've got 12 DO schools so far, but looking at you guys I'm starting to think I might need more...
if you don't care where you get in, you do not need to retake.

if you don't care where you get in, you do not need to retake.
I want to hold out and keep studying until I get my actual score, which should be 2 days before my June test. 55% was the center of my percentile, so I could be anywhere from high 40s to high 50s. I can't imagine applying with a score below the 50th percentile.

I want to hold out and keep studying until I get my actual score, which should be 2 days before my June test. 55% was the center of my percentile, so I could be anywhere from high 40s to high 50s. I can't imagine applying with a score below the 50th percentile.
they should just give a single percentile...

no- better safe than sorry. Also, checking multiple schools out to see what clicks best doesn't hurt either.
Spot on. You may go to an interview and decide that the school was not what you thought it would be while being blown away at another

Cumulative: 3.67
Science: 3.65
MCAT: 23 (6/7/10)

18 schools

3.6/3.55 29 MCAT

6 DO schools and 5 MD (in-state) schools for a grand total of 11 schools

Money is really tight for me, but do you think that's enough? @user3

My list is:
DO
MSUCOM in state
CCOM
PCOM
NSUCOM
KCU
MUCOM
RVUCOM
DMU

MD
WSUSOM (undergrad here and give preference to their own students)
MSU CHM
Oakland
Western Michigan (new school)
Central Michigan (new school)

Edited to add RVU and DMU

Last edited:
I don't see that anywhere?
I think they should just give examinees a single percentile score rather than a range.
3.6/3.55 29 MCAT

6 DO schools and 5 MD (in-state) schools for a grand total of 11 schools

Money is really tight for me, but do you think that's enough? @user3

My list is:
DO
MSUCOM in state
CCOM
PCOM
NSUCOM
KCU
MUCOM

MD
WSUSOM (undergrad here and give preference to their own students)
MSU CHM
Oakland
Western Michigan (new school)
Central Michigan (new school)
add LECOM just to be safe.

I think they should just give examinees a single percentile score rather than a range.

add LECOM just to be safe.

Thanks for the tip. I was doing some research and I may just add RVUCOM and maybe DMU. Don't think I could handle the strictness of LECOM

3.45 cGPA, 3.30 sGPA, 25 MCAT, 26 DO

3.45cGPA 3.4sGPA 29MCAT ~27 DO schools, no MD schools

Last edited:
3.68 cGPA (3.71 cGPA), 3.50 BCP GPA (3.65 BCPM), 31 MCAT (11/8 ouch?/12)

18 DO schools

Parenthesis indicate AMCAS GPA. Our school does half-step grades but only lists them as pluses...screwed my GPA slightly for AACOMAS since they don't differentiate half step from pluses.

LOR and shadowed DO 100+ hours
2 publications
10 poster presentations at conferences
Volunteered in ER 150+ hours
EMT-B

Still not good enough for MD, but first time applicant for DO this year.

Last edited: