You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How many DO schools are you applying to and your stats?
Started by petyr_baelish
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted665733
3.5/3.6/26. 24 schools
Not a final number, but 3.25/3.25, 32 and 18 schools. Would like to see what everyone else is doing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can easily narrow down your list and save yourself money without worries. Great mcat for DO schoolsNot a final number, but 3.25/3.25, 32 and 18 schools. Would like to see what everyone else is doing
3.83 cgpa, 3.84 sgpa. 30 MCAT (12/7 Yikes/11). Currently have 10 schools on my list
I only applied to 4 during the cycle I got in. Saved a butt load of cash moniesGuess I need to do some more research on schools haha I have 6 on my list so far
Saved a butt load of cash monies
Make it rain
I'm just applying to PCOM and CCOM, plus 22 MD schools. I cannot go somewhere not near a big city, so PCOM, CCOM, and MUCOM are pretty much my only options.
I have a 3.5cGPA, 3.4sGPA, (upward trend- 3.9 this past year) and between 90-100 percentile on the 2015 MCAT (will find out my score on the 16th).
Hopefully it's enough!
I have a 3.5cGPA, 3.4sGPA, (upward trend- 3.9 this past year) and between 90-100 percentile on the 2015 MCAT (will find out my score on the 16th).
Hopefully it's enough!
How do you know your percentile prior to receiving your score (or are you just assuming...?) I'm just curious.I'm just applying to PCOM and CCOM, plus 22 MD schools. I cannot go somewhere not near a big city, so PCOM, CCOM, and MUCOM are pretty much my only options.
I have a 3.5cGPA, 3.4sGPA, (upward trend- 3.9 this past year) and between 90-100 percentile on the 2015 MCAT (will find out my score on the 16th).
Hopefully it's enough!
April test takers received preliminary percentiles. They gave us a 15 pt range for each section and a 10 pt range for the whole thing. I got 85-100 on every section and 90-100 on the whole thing.How do you know your percentile prior to receiving your score (or are you just assuming...?) I'm just curious.
How do you know your percentile prior to receiving your score (or are you just assuming...?) I'm just curious.
The new MCAT released percentiles about 3 weeks after test date, while actual scores are taking close to 2 months.
Nice. Wish they would have done that back when I took it.The new MCAT released percentiles about 3 weeks after test date, while actual scores are taking close to 2 months.
I only applied to 4 during the cycle I got in. Saved a butt load of cash monies
Send some of them monies my way.
That's awesome though, nice work. I'm looking at PCOM, DMU, KCUMB, and the AT Still's.
Edit: That's only 5.. I forgot the 6th lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's alright, but not really all that helpful. If your range is between 75-85, for example, that tells you almost nothing.Nice. Wish they would have done that back when I took it.
If I had to wait over 2 months to find out any idea of my score, I don't know what I'd do, but it would not be pretty, haha.
My wait was a month on the dot. I took the MCAT a couple of years before I decided to apply (terrible idea, but can't change that now.) I don't understand why they can't have them scored immediately like the DAT since they got rid of the writing section.It's alright, but not really all that helpful. If your range is between 75-85, for example, that tells you almost nothing.
If I had to wait over 2 months to find out any idea of my score, I don't know what I'd do, but it would not be pretty, haha.
It's taking two months since they have to create/normalize the new scoring system. I really would like an ELI5 of what that entails and why it takes so long.My wait was a month on the dot. I took the MCAT a couple of years before I decided to apply (terrible idea, but can't change that now.) I don't understand why they can't have them scored immediately like the DAT since they got rid of the writing section.
6
68PGunner
3.4 cGPA / 3.7 sGPA, 28 MCAT
18 DOs
15-20 MDs
18 DOs
15-20 MDs
@user3/anyone else are you surprised as I am at how many people are applying to +16 DO schools with the stats they have???
Even if you have good stats (above average) in both, there is no guarantee of acceptance
People who have a weak gpa or mcat or both definitely feel worse about it
Also, people don't want to reapply. The school number might be overkill but it's better than not applying to enough and having regrets
3.39 cGPA
3.14 sGPA
27 MCAT (7/11/9) -> Retake on June 19th. I know that we can receive secondaries, and hopefully my new (and higher) MCAT score will be in by the time people start reviewing the secondaries for interviews.
24 D.O. Schools
8 M.D. Schools
3.14 sGPA
27 MCAT (7/11/9) -> Retake on June 19th. I know that we can receive secondaries, and hopefully my new (and higher) MCAT score will be in by the time people start reviewing the secondaries for interviews.
24 D.O. Schools
8 M.D. Schools
3.5 cGPA and sGPA, 26 mcat, 22 schools (still editing). I'm pretty surprised at the number of people applying to MDs and DOs.
If I keep my A from my current retake, I will be 3.34cGPA/3.27sGPA/27 MCAT (8,9,10). I am applying to 21 schools. I do not want to have to do this again next year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no- better safe than sorry. Also, checking multiple schools out to see what clicks best doesn't hurt either.@user3/anyone else are you surprised as I am at how many people are applying to +16 DO schools with the stats they have???
can we put the schools on here too? because I am still so uncertain about my school list even tho I have created threads on it lol
3.3 cGPA/sGPA. prelim percentile of 55% on new MCAT, retaking the end of June. I've got 12 DO schools so far, but looking at you guys I'm starting to think I might need more...
if you don't care where you get in, you do not need to retake.3.3 cGPA/sGPA. prelim percentile of 55% on new MCAT, retaking the end of June. I've got 12 DO schools so far, but looking at you guys I'm starting to think I might need more...
I want to hold out and keep studying until I get my actual score, which should be 2 days before my June test. 55% was the center of my percentile, so I could be anywhere from high 40s to high 50s. I can't imagine applying with a score below the 50th percentile.if you don't care where you get in, you do not need to retake.
they should just give a single percentile...I want to hold out and keep studying until I get my actual score, which should be 2 days before my June test. 55% was the center of my percentile, so I could be anywhere from high 40s to high 50s. I can't imagine applying with a score below the 50th percentile.
Spot on. You may go to an interview and decide that the school was not what you thought it would be while being blown away at anotherno- better safe than sorry. Also, checking multiple schools out to see what clicks best doesn't hurt either.
I don't see that anywhere?they should just give a single percentile...
3.75/29
7 DO/17 MD
7 DO/17 MD
~14 3.6/28 Around 10 MD
3.6/3.55 29 MCAT
6 DO schools and 5 MD (in-state) schools for a grand total of 11 schools
Money is really tight for me, but do you think that's enough? @user3
My list is:
DO
MSUCOM in state
CCOM
PCOM
NSUCOM
KCU
MUCOM
RVUCOM
DMU
MD
WSUSOM (undergrad here and give preference to their own students)
MSU CHM
Oakland
Western Michigan (new school)
Central Michigan (new school)
Edited to add RVU and DMU
6 DO schools and 5 MD (in-state) schools for a grand total of 11 schools
Money is really tight for me, but do you think that's enough? @user3
My list is:
DO
MSUCOM in state
CCOM
PCOM
NSUCOM
KCU
MUCOM
RVUCOM
DMU
MD
WSUSOM (undergrad here and give preference to their own students)
MSU CHM
Oakland
Western Michigan (new school)
Central Michigan (new school)
Edited to add RVU and DMU
Last edited:
I think they should just give examinees a single percentile score rather than a range.I don't see that anywhere?
add LECOM just to be safe.3.6/3.55 29 MCAT
6 DO schools and 5 MD (in-state) schools for a grand total of 11 schools
Money is really tight for me, but do you think that's enough? @user3
My list is:
DO
MSUCOM in state
CCOM
PCOM
NSUCOM
KCU
MUCOM
MD
WSUSOM (undergrad here and give preference to their own students)
MSU CHM
Oakland
Western Michigan (new school)
Central Michigan (new school)
I think they should just give examinees a single percentile score rather than a range.
add LECOM just to be safe.
Thanks for the tip. I was doing some research and I may just add RVUCOM and maybe DMU. Don't think I could handle the strictness of LECOM
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey there we have SUPER similar stats do you think you could tell me what schools you are applying to? or is that too much haha3.45 cGPA, 3.30 sGPA, 25 MCAT, 26 DO
3.45cGPA 3.4sGPA 29MCAT ~27 DO schools, no MD schools
Last edited:
27 DO or 27 DO and MD combined?3.45cGPA 3.4sGPA 29MCAT ~27 schools
27 DO or 27 DO and MD combined?
27 DO. Not gonna apply MD
3.68 cGPA (3.71 cGPA), 3.50 BCP GPA (3.65 BCPM), 31 MCAT (11/8 ouch?/12)
18 DO schools
Parenthesis indicate AMCAS GPA. Our school does half-step grades but only lists them as pluses...screwed my GPA slightly for AACOMAS since they don't differentiate half step from pluses.
LOR and shadowed DO 100+ hours
2 publications
10 poster presentations at conferences
Volunteered in ER 150+ hours
EMT-B
Still not good enough for MD, but first time applicant for DO this year.
18 DO schools
Parenthesis indicate AMCAS GPA. Our school does half-step grades but only lists them as pluses...screwed my GPA slightly for AACOMAS since they don't differentiate half step from pluses.
LOR and shadowed DO 100+ hours
2 publications
10 poster presentations at conferences
Volunteered in ER 150+ hours
EMT-B
Still not good enough for MD, but first time applicant for DO this year.
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 825
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 992