How many hours/week does everyone study?

Drewsuf

10+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
  1. Pre-Medical
I was just wondering how many hours per week everyone spends studying for the MCAT on average??

Plus, do you think it's better to study one subject at a time or switch between subjects?

docolive

DOColive
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
  1. Medical Student
I was just wondering how many hours per week everyone spends studying for the MCAT on average??

Plus, do you think it's better to study one subject at a time or switch between subjects?

If you need a clear and helpful approach, I would go to mcatpearls.com ( the grassroots version is free).

DiverDoc

KCUMB 2012
10+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2005
The Edge. Pushing the Envelope
  1. Attending Physician
Switch between subjects!!!

I study about... 20 some old hours a week.

I used to study 8 hours a day/7 days a week over christmas break. Now I just do practice problems everyday.

ditto, but in that 20 hrs. I squeeze in regular classes study/work

About the Ads

FlStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2005
I asked the same question when I was starting the MCAT process (i just took it 1/27)

Many people told me that if you put in an efficient ~300total hours, you'll be fine. So I made it a goal to study ~350-400 hours.

I decided to spread the hours by studying more weeks before the test, instead of piling them on in 10 weeks or so.

So I did something like 20-odd weeks, 15-20 hrs a week.

By the last week, I felt very comfortable with what I knew and how much I studied - a great feeling!

So I should thank those ppl who gave me the good advice on this website.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.