You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How many II invites do you have so far?
Started by Gladiolus23
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I'm always on SDN... am I going to die??Honestly, at this point the best thing for everyone to do is get the hell off this site, especially off threads like this, and enjoy life. I can literally feel my blood pressure drop whenever I exit out of SDN.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably.I'm always on SDN... am I going to die??
you should get that checked out 😉I can literally feel my blood pressure drop
yo I still have 0 IIs u lied to me m8you should get that checked out 😉
I never thought second hand anxiety could be a thing transmitted thru anonymous online forums.yo I still have 0 IIs u lied to me m8
Then I started seeing your posts. Lol
Hang in there
Its still october m8yo I still have 0 IIs u lied to me m8
Where did you apply?! My GPA is a little higher, and just got my MCAT back. You can PM me if it's easier.506 mcat 3.6 gpa
5 MD II
Ill pm you soon. I applied broadly. I applied last year with my same stats and only got 2 IIWhere did you apply?! My GPA is a little higher, and just got my MCAT back. You can PM me if it's easier.
Ill pm you soon. I applied broadly. I applied last year with my same stats and only got 2 II
Sounds good!
1 MD II
9 DO 11- 1 Acceptance LECOM
6- Rejections!!!
MCAT 516
GPA 3.4
Need some love from state schools!!!
9 DO 11- 1 Acceptance LECOM
6- Rejections!!!
MCAT 516
GPA 3.4
Need some love from state schools!!!
Just came here to say that "II"= "Interview Invite" so obviously "II Invites" = "Interview Invite Invites." That's arguably worse than "ATM Machine." 



Or: MRN NumberJust came here to say that "II"= "Interview Invite" so obviously "II Invites" = "Interview Invite Invites." That's arguably worse than "ATM Machine."![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are AWESOME. What did you do so differently this cycle?? I know it's still October but only 1 II and already considering reapplying... (PM me??)Ill pm you soon. I applied broadly. I applied last year with my same stats and only got 2 II
I can finally add to this thread! 😀
1 II, 3 holds, 2 rejections, still waiting on some form of communication for 15 others...
1 II, 3 holds, 2 rejections, still waiting on some form of communication for 15 others...
I had one II in july which resulted in a waitlist
Just received another II for january at one of my top choices!
7 Rejections, and silence from about 13 more
hopefully most of the rejections are out of the way and now only the schools that are seriously considering me are left!
Just received another II for january at one of my top choices!
7 Rejections, and silence from about 13 more
hopefully most of the rejections are out of the way and now only the schools that are seriously considering me are left!
3.95, 518 mcat, veteran, 0 II.
Edit: finally got an II today.
Update: II #3 last week, and for my top choice....Update: II #2 today.
1 MD II, 0 rejections so far
cGPA 3.9 sGPA 4.0 MCAT 505
cGPA 3.9 sGPA 4.0 MCAT 505
2 IIs, 3 rejections, silence from 18 but 4-5 are reaches. October has been pretty quiet for me, hoping more of them turn into IIs.

I'm glad your CARS score wasn't holding you back 🙂4 II... Received my first acceptance yesterday and a wait list.. Two more interviews coming up in the next two weeks... Also haven't received any news in the last month and a half from the other 19 schools.
507 mcat and 3.6/3.5
Also have an update - Now have 4 II! No decisions yet tho 
Update: Make that 5 II 🙂

Update: Make that 5 II 🙂
Last edited:
I'm glad your CARS score wasn't holding you back 🙂
I'm so happy I don't have to take that test again.. Throwing away my mcat prep materials was almost a better feeling than getting the acceptance
.
Last edited:
3IIs means high likelihood of matriculation3 II 2 Waitlists 1 Rejection
Deeply regret applying so broadly because I'm gonna be a reapplicant at most schools.
It is very possible that you will be accepted off the waitlist! Dont give up hope! 🙂3 II 2 Waitlists 1 Rejection
Deeply regret applying so broadly because I'm gonna be a reapplicant at most schools.
..
Last edited:
Cycle is young. You may get to that number just yet!Thanks for the encouragement! I'm thankful for the opportunities I've been afforded, it just sucks having to live in the shadow of an older sibling with the same scores but with 26 II....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
3 II 2 Waitlists 1 Rejection
Deeply regret applying so broadly because I'm gonna be a reapplicant at most schools.
Well just think about how if you didn't apply broadly you would have deeply regret it as well. 3II is great! 2WL means the game isn't over!
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm thankful for the opportunities I've been afforded, it just sucks having to live in the shadow of an older sibling with the same scores but with 26 II....
You have legs. You can step out of their shadow.
It's natural to compare yourself with others, especially family members, but just have some faith in the system. If you've applied broadly and wisely, you'll get into a medical school and then everything resets from there. Within the scope of residency, many on SDN have said that name matters little relative to scores, research and letters some of which are influenced by the school, but are still largely the product of a student's hard work.
I'm slowly feeling dejected as well, but until June comes around, I'll keep my hopes up.
26 II?!?!?! WTFThanks for the encouragement! I'm thankful for the opportunities I've been afforded, it just sucks having to live in the shadow of an older sibling with the same scores but with 26 II....
I have zero m8
What is up with the British accent ?26 II?!?!?! WTF
I have zero m8
Last edited:
u wot m8What is up with the British accent ?
That's more interviews than schools I applied to. I'm sure you already know this but a number that high is only attainable under a combination of a great many extraordinary circumstances. Having three interviews in October is a very big deal, and it's entirely possible that you will get even more!sucks having to live in the shadow of an older sibling with the same scores but with 26 II....
26 II?!?!?! WTF
I have zero m8
Med School admissions was very different 7 years ago.
Med School admissions was very different 7 years ago.
How so?
Only thing I can think of was less competitive stats-wise. Maybe less research expected as well. Even then, it probably wasn't different enough that someone with 26 II then couldn't get a bootyload of IIs now.How so?
Agreed, maybe 1 point less on the MCAT and .1 less in gpa. But it was pretty similar.Only thing I can think of was less competitive stats-wise. Maybe less research expected as well. Even then, it probably wasn't different enough that someone with 26 II then couldn't get a bootyload of IIs now.
.
Last edited:
Every generation always says they have it thougher then the last. If you look at the median MCAT for matriculants it hasnt changed more than 1.4 ish points over the past ten years.From talking to my siblings and their SOs (all applied 7+ years ago), you could get carried by stats a lot easier once you got to that 3.8/35 range. To get the same amount today, I'd wager its more like 4.0/38. They were also under the impression that 5+ II was the norm. My other sibling, as an example, took the MCAT 3 times and got like a 32 the third try and got 7 II and didn't really have any significant ECs.
The median being constant doesn't really matter tho as much as the increase in applicants right?Every generation always says they have it thougher then the last. If you look at the median MCAT for matriculants it hasnt changed more than 1.4 ish points over the past ten years.
That is an interesting thought. The problem with taking that on face value is that there are more seats available now then there were 10 seats ago. So the applicant to mattriculant to applicant ratio may be similar, I have looked at that number yet.The median being constant doesn't really matter tho as much as the increase in applicants right?
It could just be that the populations were performing better on the mcat as a whole much like iq tests.or more competition.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The MCAT of applicants and matriculants has generally followed the same trend of steady increase since 2007 with exception being 2016. This would show improved performance on the test as a whole - maybe due to increased access to prep materials and courses.
2016's decrease in the MCAT of applicants could be due to less than average applicants applying with the old version of the MCAT before the scores become useless
There is a steady decline in the Matriculant/Applicant ratio since 2007 which is fairly linear from 2012 to 2016 (R2 = .9698). Seats are not keeping pace with the number of applicants. Although slight, there is a negative correlation (-0.67) between Matriculant MCAT and Matriculant ratio - which is to be expected as Adcoms will become more selective with each seat.
Using the linear trend from 2012 to 2016, one could forecast that this year's Matriculant/Applicant ratio will be 0.36
Where did you get this data from? Confirms and denies some of my suspicions!View attachment 210253
The MCAT of applicants and matriculants has generally followed the same trend of steady increase since 2007 with exception being 2016. This would show improved performance on the test as a whole - maybe due to increased access to prep materials and courses.
2016's decrease in the MCAT of applicants could be due to less than average applicants applying with the old version of the MCAT before the scores become useless
View attachment 210254
There is a steady decline in the Matriculant/Applicant ratio since 2007 which is fairly linear from 2012 to 2016 (R2 = .9698). Seats are not keeping pace with the number of applicants. Although slight, there is a negative correlation (-0.67) between Matriculant MCAT and Matriculant ratio - which is to be expected as Adcoms will become more selective with each seat.
Using the linear trend from 2012 to 2016, one could forecast that this year's Matriculant/Applicant ratio will be 0.36
Where did you get this data from? Confirms and denies some of my suspicions!
https://www.aamc.org/data/facts/applicantmatriculant/
Table 16.
I'm concerned that this year will see an even greater growth in number of apps because it is effectively the last year for the old MCAT.
I am curious how much of an effect that will really have.https://www.aamc.org/data/facts/applicantmatriculant/
Table 16.
I'm concerned that this year will see an even greater growth in number of apps because it is effectively the last year for the old MCAT.
I am curious how much of an effect that will really have.
Statistically it will decrease the overall matriculant/applicant ratio, but it wont shift the mean matriculant MCAT much at all because the old scores wouldn't be expected to be too competitive. So those who were already competitive shouldn't lose sleep.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 2K