You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How many II invites do you have so far?
Started by Gladiolus23
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Not saying that. Just assumed something like a 3.5+30mcat was average not underdog. You can continue...I will shut up now lol Congrats btw to everyone and lets hang in there!Lets start another you're not an underdog like im an underdog derailment!
Well every school I applied to I was below the average that the school accepts. I guess not an underdog but on sdn it feels like it with everyone having LizzyM~70Not saying that. Just assumed something like a 3.5+30mcat was average not underdog. You can continue...I will shut up now lol Congrats btw to everyone and lets hang in there!
With below average stats I wasn't expecting the amount of interviews I got too. Maybe 2 or 3 at most
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Blows my mind that 65+ LizzyM is a underdog to people. I would kill for those numbers...
Lizzy of 68 is the average for matriculants.
MCAT of 30-32 has an acceptance rate of 55%
cGPA of 3.6 - 3.79 has an acceptance rate of 49.9%
I'd call underdog anything below 66
Well every school I applied to I was below the average that the school accepts. I guess not an underdog but on sdn it feels like it with everyone having lizzym~70
With below average stats I wasn't expecting the amount of interviews I got too. Maybe 2 or 3 at most
Are you URM?
According to the ADCOMS here, no. I'm a reapplicant and am hispanic (not Mexican or Puerto Rican though)Are you URM?
Here we go...
Is that not a valid question? There's a big difference between 65 LizzyM if you're URM or ORM. Get off your high horse.
Yea, I didn't get what the big deal was with that question. Im urm. Not offended.Is that not a valid question? There's a big difference between 65 lizzyM if you're URM or ORM. Get off your high horse.
I've gotten two from Georgia schools and have heard radio silence elsewhere except a rejection from Georgetown. I seem to be tripping some kind of automated metric for the Georgia schools, probably with my 3.96 GPA, because both of those came in a few days after I submitted my secondary. It makes me nervous because that means no one actually looked at my application and said, "She seems like a good fit. Let's interview her!"
2 >0 . Wow them during the interviews!I've gotten two from Georgia schools and have heard radio silence elsewhere except a rejection from Georgetown. I seem to be tripping some kind of automated metric for the Georgia schools, probably with my 3.96 GPA, because both of those came in a few days after I submitted my secondary. It makes me nervous because that means no one actually looked at my application and said, "She seems like a good fit. Let's interview her!"
I'm trying, but I'm honestly just not a personality powerhouse!2 >0 . Wow them during the interviews!
0 II, LizzyM 70, was complete majority of schools from late August to early Sept. Some mid sept. Its just getting to mid cycle so im going to keep calm and patiently wait. I defy instant gratification.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you goro, gyngyn and LizzyM. No Xanax for me i was trained well.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+2 ... way to get my hopes up August!
This makes me so happy!(For the real underdogs lol)
LizzyM 62-63, 5 DO II, 3 MD II ! Good luck everyone!!!!! 🙂
I have 14 interviews (all MD). I almost hate posting in this topic because it feels like boasting, but I want to point something out. I have a 3.4 cGPA and 3.2 sGPA. Multiple advisors told me I would never get into medical school. There is clearly more to this than numbers.
And before some bigot asks - I am middle class and white as snow.
And before some bigot asks - I am middle class and white as snow.
I have 14 interviews (all MD). I almost hate posting in this topic because it feels like boasting, but I want to point something out. I have a 3.4 cGPA and 3.2 sGPA. Multiple advisors told me I would never get into medical school. There is clearly more to this than numbers.
And before some bigot asks - I am middle class and white as snow.
Nicely done man. But to be fair, asking if someone is URM doesn't make someone a bigot. I'm sure there are people who wanna know if they have a realistic chance without being an URM themselves.
Glad to see that you are proof its possible
I have 14 interviews (all MD). I almost hate posting in this topic because it feels like boasting, but I want to point something out. I have a 3.4 cGPA and 3.2 sGPA. Multiple advisors told me I would never get into medical school. There is clearly more to this than numbers.
And before some bigot asks - I am middle class and white as snow.
You should probably get that checked out
Nicely done man. But to be fair, asking if someone is URM doesn't make someone a bigot. I'm sure there are people who wanna know if they have a realistic chance without being an URM themselves.
Glad to see that you are proof its possible
Sure, not necessarily, but the general attitude about URM applicants expressed on SDN is often pretty abrasive.
Sure, not necessarily, but the general attitude about URM applicants expressed on SDN is often pretty abrasive.
Agreed. I think a few people perceive that URM's are taking seats away from them but fun fact:
URM's represent approximately the same percentage of the applicant pool and the accepted pool.
That's not a fun fact. That's a terrible fact.Agreed. I think a few people perceive that URM's are taking seats away from them but fun fact:
URM's represent approximately the same percentage of the applicant pool and the accepted pool.
F
fukuyou
.
Last edited by a moderator:
We gotta keep that status quo!That's not a fun fact. That's a terrible fact.
You in the class of 2020 makes me happy! 😉
This makes me so happy!
That's not a fun fact. That's a terrible fact.
Terrible, but it goes to show there isn't a distinct advantage to being URM.
Terrible is when you break down the distribution of applicants within the URM population and see how much of a downward shift there is in GPA and MCAT compared to the rest of the applicant pool. If that doesn't convince you there's a bigger systemic issue facing URM's, then I have no other way to argue.
But back on topic before this gets derailed -
I have 0 II's
D
deleted388502
I got three interviews - one in the third week of July, two in the last week of August, NOTHING since then.
69.5 LizzyM, TFA, Texas resident.
I'm so anxious.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
69.5 LizzyM, TFA, Texas resident.
I'm so anxious.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
>3 II'sI got three interviews - one in the third week of July, two in the last week of August, NOTHING since then.
69.5 lizzym, TFA, Texas resident.
I'm so anxious.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
>Anxious
lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Figured I would add my experience so far.
Was complete with all of my secondaries by end of July, but had to wait until 8/31 for my committee letter to be complete. So, I guess I was complete at the end of August.
LizzyM ~78. Non-trad with a non-medical background. Applied to 16 schools. Received secondaries from all schools.
So far, I've gotten 4 IIs. The first one was on Sept. 26th, and then the other three IIs were in the past week. I've not heard anything else from my other 12 schools so far.
Good luck to everyone!
Was complete with all of my secondaries by end of July, but had to wait until 8/31 for my committee letter to be complete. So, I guess I was complete at the end of August.
LizzyM ~78. Non-trad with a non-medical background. Applied to 16 schools. Received secondaries from all schools.
So far, I've gotten 4 IIs. The first one was on Sept. 26th, and then the other three IIs were in the past week. I've not heard anything else from my other 12 schools so far.
Good luck to everyone!
I know how you feel man. Anxious as hellI got three interviews - one in the third week of July, two in the last week of August, NOTHING since then.
69.5 lizzym, TFA, Texas resident.
I'm so anxious.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
LizzyM ~75. Complete to all 8-10+ weeks ago and I have 1 II that I've already attended and 2 holds, 0 rejections. My extracurriculars aren't the best but they're not terrible either. I was wondering whether or not I had a bad LOR but during my interview one of the interviewers said they looked nice so I honestly just think this admissions process is kind of a crap shoot. There are so many factors to consider (personal statement, secondary essay responses, do you fit the mission statement, etc.) that it makes it very difficult to compare applicants on threads like these. Doesn't make having no IIs any less miserable but just thought I'd throw my situation and 2 cents in here.
i'm in the same boat man. Don't worry, if there was a red flag on your app (such as a bad LOR) you probably wouldn't have received your first II. Stay patient and Stay Strong bro!LizzyM ~75. Complete to all 8-10+ weeks ago and I have 1 II that I've already attended and 2 holds, 0 rejections. My extracurriculars aren't the best but they're not terrible either. I was wondering whether or not I had a bad LOR but during my interview one of the interviewers said they looked nice so I honestly just think this admissions process is kind of a crap shoot. There are so many factors to consider (personal statement, secondary essay responses, do you fit the mission statement, etc.) that it makes it very difficult to compare applicants on threads like these. Doesn't make having no IIs any less miserable but just thought I'd throw my situation and 2 cents in here.
No school would waste the resources to interview people with a red flag! If you had 0 it would be a different story, but still unlikely even then. Also, the fact that you have zero rejections is a good sign. I was getting rejections like nobody's business at this point last year.LizzyM ~75. Complete to all 8-10+ weeks ago and I have 1 II that I've already attended and 2 holds, 0 rejections. My extracurriculars aren't the best but they're not terrible either. I was wondering whether or not I had a bad LOR but during my interview one of the interviewers said they looked nice so I honestly just think this admissions process is kind of a crap shoot. There are so many factors to consider (personal statement, secondary essay responses, do you fit the mission statement, etc.) that it makes it very difficult to compare applicants on threads like these. Doesn't make having no IIs any less miserable but just thought I'd throw my situation and 2 cents in here.
No school would waste the resources to interview people with a red flag! If you had 0 it would be a different story, but still unlikely even then. Also, the fact that you have zero rejections is a good sign. I was getting rejections like nobody's business at this point last year.
Man, you really are always positive to people on this site, haha.
i'm in the same boat man. Don't worry, if there was a red flag on your app (such as a bad LOR) you probably wouldn't have received your first II. Stay patient and Stay Strong bro!
So the interviewer told me I didn't have a bad LOR. So I don't think I have a red flag which just makes the radio silence from nearly everywhere else so aggravating. We'll both hear from schools eventually, though. For better or worse.
I increased my interview count to:
lol Davis rejected me within like 2 minutes2 so far, didn't get committee letter until about a month ago. Got 2 in September, nothing this month.
II's so far have been from the schools that I literally least expected to get an II from, a SUNY and UC Davis (heavy Norcal/rural bias).
F
fukuyou
.
Last edited by a moderator:
I instantly got a secondary the moment I added them on AMCAS and got an II a week after I was complete. I have 0 connection to that area. It's all black magiclol Davis rejected me within like 2 minutes
Last edited:
+1 late June submission, too. Poooooplol still have yet to receive a secondary from Davis
I'm convinced they don't even look at applications pre-screen. Whatever their preset screen is weirdI instantly got a secondary the moment I added them on AMCAS and got an II a week after I was complete. I have 0 connection to that area. It's all black magic
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tfw u are an NY resident with no SUNY II (or any II)2 so far, didn't get committee letter until about a month ago. Got 2 in September, nothing this month.
II's so far have been from the schools that I literally least expected to get an II from, a SUNY and UC Davis (heavy Norcal/rural bias).
Sounds like me with UCs 🙁tfw u are an NY resident with no SUNY II (or any II)
You get off this thread this instant 🙄tfw u are an NY resident with no SUNY II (or any II)
NEVERYou get off this thread this instant 🙄
Hey, it's just logic. (Real logic, not applicant logic 😉). If you have received an interview, you can safely assume there is nothing "wrong" with your application. There's a world of difference between there being some kind of red flag, and your application just not being quite as competitive as some of the other boatloads of applications they get. Zero rejections is also very good, because they could have easily done it by now. It was about this time last year that I got rejected from Mayo at 3:00 AM.Man, you really are always positive to people on this site, haha.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 2K