how many interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marshmallows

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
can you ask your programs, how many interviews they had this year, or is that not allowed? i guess it would be easier to do the math if you knew how many interviews they did, then how many they are ranking etc..
:eek: match..frustration

Members don't see this ad.

can you ask your programs, how many interviews they had this year, or is that not allowed? i guess it would be easier to do the math if you knew how many interviews they did, then how many they are ranking etc..

If the information was not volunteered, I have asked and been amazed at some of the answers. Another way to gain an insight is to look at the program's FREIDA listing. They sometimes list the number of interviews granted last year. However, that doesn't mean that they will have been the same for this year.

Also, some programs have said that they would volunteer whether or not I would be ranked (not the rank itself) once they had made up their list.

But, all this means very little, as there are too many variables to work out. The only one that seems to hold is that the longer your ROL, the better your chances.

I've heard it over and over and over....DON'T try to outsmart the match! You won't win!

Rank the way you actually feel about the programs, and don't base it on how you think they will rank you, unless it's a total long shot. Even then, I've heard you should still rank in the order of your own preferences. This shouldn't involve any math at all.

If the information was not volunteered, I have asked and been amazed at some of the answers. Another way to gain an insight is to look at the program's FREIDA listing. They sometimes list the number of interviews granted last year. However, that doesn't mean that they will have been the same for this year.

Also, some programs have said that they would volunteer whether or not I would be ranked (not the rank itself) once they had made up their list.

But, all this means very little, as there are too many variables to work out. The only one that seems to hold is that the longer your ROL, the better your chances.

so i guess it isn't illegal to ask.. lol. your right. thanks i saw it on FREIDA.. although it is last years..

I've heard it over and over and over....DON'T try to outsmart the match! You won't win!

Rank the way you actually feel about the programs, and don't base it on how you think they will rank you, unless it's a total long shot. Even then, I've heard you should still rank in the order of your own preferences. This shouldn't involve any math at all.

that is what i am planning on, but still it still can drive you crazy, if you think it too much though..
:rolleyes:

and don't forget to check how many positions a program is trying to fill. it may have changed from what they said on interview day. programs (esp. IM, FM, psych) fill some of the spots with IMGs, DOs and independent AMGs outside the match. so obviously those spots aren't available for you to match into. i know of a program in virginia that had i think 10 spots originally, but now has 3 spots left. btw, you can check the number of spots on nrmp.org when you go to submit your rank-order. it will tell you the "quota" of each program.

very very true.

And if you dont understand how everything works, visit nrmp website.