How many kids do you plan to have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many kids do you want?

Votes: 15 15.8%

Votes: 5 5.3%

Votes: 37 38.9%

Votes: 21 22.1%

Votes: 10 10.5%

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • 6+

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters

homeslice

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm bored. I was wondering how many kids everyone plans on having and at what age you had/will have them? I think I want to be able to field my own baseball team and still have a few backups, so a baker's dozen would do nicely.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I always thought that having kids is uncool.:eek:

Nadya Suleiman already proved it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to mention expensive, yeesh.

But hey, Suleiman has been on the cover of Newsweek and I haven't, so whatever!

You don't wanna be that lady.

Moreover, it is okay to have kids as long you can take care of them.
As for me, I love kids, but money will determine will the future.

You should marry on your 18th birthday to the first person you ever date within two months of meeting them and never use protection so you can have as many kids as possible, because that's what Jesus wants you to do.

I would love to have 4 when i can financially support myself and SO, but that's just me. my SO will have input too.

I'll be the odd one in the forum. :D

Well, let's see. I'm 21 now and when I graduate I'll be 24. Hopefully marry around 25-27 then have 2 kids (a boy then a girl)...in that order would be nice:xf:. So probably at 27?

Oh yea...I also want to buy a house before the kids (while housing prices are still low) depending on if my husband makes enough.

Not a lot of pp think like this tho. Some of my friends think I'm crazy!!!:laugh:
I feel sorry for the guy that marries me .:rolleyes:

Well, let's see. I'm 21 now and when I graduate I'll be 24. Hopefully marry around 25-27 then have 2 kids (a boy then a girl)...in that order would be nice:xf:. So probably at 27?

Oh yea...I also want to buy a house before the kids (while housing prices are still low) depending on if my husband makes enough.

Not a lot of pp think like this tho. Some of my friends think I'm crazy!!!:laugh:

I feel sorry for that guy too...:smack:

haha I'm like that too. I'm 24 now, and when I was younger I always thought I would get married at like 21 and have kids when I'm 25. Well...that's not going to happen. Ideally, I'd like to have kids at 28, I want 2 boys and then 1 girl.

There is nothing wrong with planning! Your plans sound like mine. ;) I am 24 now and I was planning on graduating at 27 from South University and having 2 kids (a boy and a girl) when I am 29 or 30. (originally 28 but since I dropped dental school I had to push the kids back a few years. :() I also want my husband to be a CEO or a doctor...he has to make more money then me or it won't be right! :laugh: And I really want my son to attend Harvard Undergrad to make me proud! :thumbup: Again there is nothing wrong with planning your life out. :D

There is nothing wrong with planning! Your plans sound like mine. ;) I am 24 now and I was planning on graduating at 27 from South University and having 2 kids (a boy and a girl) when I am 29 or 30. (originally 28 but since I dropped dental school I had to push the kids back a few years. :() I also want my husband to be a CEO or a doctor...he has to make more money then me or it won't be right! :laugh: And I really want my son to attend Harvard Undergrad to make me proud! :thumbup: Again there is nothing wrong with planning your life out. :D

There is nothing wrong with planning your life out, but be prepared that almost nothing will happen like you plan. I certainly didn't expect to marry so early in my life, but I found a boyfriend that fit me so well that I couldn't imagine not being with him. I didn't expect to not like grad school and decide to go back to pharmacy school. You're never prepared when family and friends go through horrible diseases. And as soon as you have that other person in your life, whether through marriage or whatever, you have restricted options. For instance, my husband and I both have to find jobs so the other person can have a good job in the same city.

As for me, I want to have children eventually. There's a small part of me that wanted three, but for now I say I'll have one and see how it goes. Children are wonderful, but a lot of work and stress. I would like to have two, though, just because I think it can be hard to be an only child.

Members don't see this ad :)
In my experience - it has been the women who have this stuff already planned out - that are the most difficult to deal with... Like my fiance :D

Why don't you spend time working out WHO you will have kids with and lock on the career you will support them with.

After that - feel free to have as many as you can possibly afford.

I have a feeling a good portion of you will ignore this - I know my fiance does :confused:

~above~

I am 31... and I have two kids:)... 4 and 7 yo girls.... and I am accepted to UOP, Stockton... I am happy to have a family.. my girls are the best children in the world!!!!

You should marry on your 18th birthday to the first person you ever date within two months of meeting them and never use protection so you can have as many kids as possible, because that's what Jesus wants you to do.

What you just said is so ignorant. Is this why you only have 6 posts?--- I'm assuming you were previously banned for ignorant comments. Don't bash my religion and expect me not to say something. You sound so stupid right now.

What you just said is so ignorant. Is this why you only have 6 posts?--- I'm assuming you were previously banned for ignorant comments. Don't bash my religion and expect me not to say something. You sound so stupid right now.

Interesting... I never knew that it said in the Bible "thou shalt not have a sense of humor": my apologies for making an "ignorant comment."

In other news, how many kids you want or what religion you belong to has nothing to do with pharmacy.

9, at one time...to one up octomom

I would like to have two kids. One boy and one girl would be a good combination. Although, I don't mind having more than one of the same sex. I don't believe in the "my spouse to make more many than me" statement because each individual has the right to choose their path. Although, I don't mind having a wife who is a CEO or a doctor, I want them to be able to spend a good amount of time around my children. Raising kids is a family process...props to single parents---you rock!

Interesting... I never knew that it said in the Bible "thou shalt not have a sense of humor": my apologies for making an "ignorant comment."

HAHA the only thing that's funny is that you don't even know that what you said was ignorant. That's exactly why it was ignorant. The kind of joke you made previously shows that you don't realize that stereotyping a religion is offensive. Christianity is a religion, not just the status quo. I figured you wouldn't make stereotypical jokes about other races and other religions and expect laughs, would you? That's why I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were just being ignorant and not an *******.

Edit: Try to take your old joke and replace Jesus with any other religious figure, Buddha, Allah, Krishna, Moses and see how that sounds.

Last edited:
I love how many "plan" on having a boy and a girl. I know you mean that if you have 2 kids that's what you'd like, it's just funny to hear it as "I plan to" like there's a choice in the matter. I was fortunate enough to end up with a girl followed by a boy. I'll probably stop at 4. One for each hand (wife's and mine) Also fits nicely in a minivan.
4b290e797f000001014fb35df0aa4b62.jpg

Last edited:
SDN terms of service dictate [thou shalt not make fun of other people's religion, race, gender preferences, etc] If you'd like to discuss religious preferences/ideology, feel free to do so in an unmoderated forum (Sociopolitical or the Lounge)

FOUR so when I beat down one for being stupid, I'll still have 3 to hope for. Boy-girl-girl-boy order will be my lottery pick! (hopes) >=]

I love how many "plan" on having a boy and a girl. I know you mean that if you have 2 kids that's what you'd like, it's just funny to hear it as "I plan to" like there's a choice in the matter. I was fortunate enough to end up with a girl followed by a boy. I'll probably stop at 4. One for each hand (wife's and mine) Also fits nicely in a minivan.

You can plan! ... if you're willing to spend the $$... male sperm is heavier than female sperm... temperature delicate centrifuge... and yes, there are places that will do this... I think if I have two of the same gender kids in a row, I might consider it. :rolleyes: You are so lucky!!

You can plan! ... if you're willing to spend the $$... male sperm is heavier than female sperm... temperature delicate centrifuge... and yes, there are places that will do this... I think if I have two of the same gender kids in a row, I might consider it. :rolleyes: You are so lucky!!
I'm not sure how many people would go through with shelling out that much money to do so, but it's funny no matter how you look at it.

As for me... I have no plans but I'm open to the idea. I guess I'll wait until I find a girl, marry her, and figure out what to do from then on. With my luck, I'll end up marrying a girl, have two daughters, and wonder what the heck I'm going to do when puberty and boys come around. o_O

I think you may have that backwards... female sperm are heavier than male sperm, I do believe, since they have two X chromosomes, and the male sperm has the much smaller Y chromosome and one X chromosome...

I think you may have that backwards... female sperm are heavier than male sperm, I do believe, since they have two X chromosomes, and the male sperm has the much smaller Y chromosome and one X chromosome...

haha oops, I think you're right =oP ... but at least there is a method =)

Wow, it seems a number of the other females here plan on having their kids relatively soon... I don't plan on having kids until early to mid 30s.. Hopefully before 35. I'll be 28 when I graduate and if I go the residency route, I'll be 30 when I can finally start working f/t. I'd like at least a few years to work/travel/whatever for myself and for my spouse before we start making the babies!

Besides, kids are expensive and paying back all those loans is daunting enough.

Anyone thinking about adoption?

We considered all the aforementioned scenarios and thought it wise to at least be half way done with my school before beginning to try..Unfortunately, even with all the protection in the world sometimes life/fate/God/luck throws a curve ball and now we have a very cute, little boy. Good luck!!

I think society is better off if a sarcastic misanthrope like myself doesn't procreate, so I'm gonna say 0.

What about a PharmD working some overtime ;)

good luck getting that....Walgreens is so tight with hours right now that you are lucky to get 30 hours a week..:rolleyes: NO overtime PERIOD. I know b/c I work there now.

good luck getting that....Walgreens is so tight with hours right now that you are lucky to get 30 hours a week..:rolleyes: NO overtime PERIOD. I know b/c I work there now.

Not to pick a fight with you, but just because your Walgreen's isn't offering overtime doesn't mean necessarily that others have no overtime opportunities. Besides, where does it even say in his reply he meant Walgreen's? He could've been talking about hospital Pharmacists, which by and by do still get quite a healthy amount of overtime!

We considered all the aforementioned scenarios and thought it wise to at least be half way done with my school before beginning to try..Unfortunately, even with all the protection in the world sometimes life/fate/God/luck throws a curve ball and now we have a very cute, little boy. Good luck!!

All the protection in the world being a barrier method, an Rx pill and a tubal ligation and a vasectomy and you still had a child? Impressive.

I want three whenever I'm stable in my marriage and carreer. I'll probably be old by the time I have kids. :p

Not to pick a fight with you, but just because your Walgreen's isn't offering overtime doesn't mean necessarily that others have no overtime opportunities. Besides, where does it even say in his reply he meant Walgreen's? He could've been talking about hospital Pharmacists, which by and by do still get quite a healthy amount of overtime!

All the protection in the world being a barrier method, an Rx pill and a tubal ligation and a vasectomy and you still had a child? Impressive.

You will be HARD PRESSED to find any overtime at any retail store. Walgreens is doing better then most other pharmacies like Rite Aid, CVS etc...so I can't imagine Rite Aid throwing out a ton of overtime right now...:rolleyes:

I have one little girl so all my eggs are in one basket. I had her when I was 33 and I'm now too old to have more children. At least, I hope I'm not very fertile because I would hate to have a birth control mishap throw me a curveball. I don't think I can handle pharmacy school and an infant.

I have one little girl so all my eggs are in one basket. I had her when I was 33 and I'm now too old to have more children. At least, I hope I'm not very fertile because I would hate to have a birth control mishap throw me a curveball. I don't think I can handle pharmacy school and an infant.

One child is good too...If I can have a child at 29 then I might have another one at 32 or 33...if I don't have any kids until after I am 30 then I will most like only have one...it will be hard to have kids after 34-35ish.

Wow, it seems a number of the other females here plan on having their kids relatively soon... I don't plan on having kids until early to mid 30s.. Hopefully before 35. I'll be 28 when I graduate and if I go the residency route, I'll be 30 when I can finally start working f/t. I'd like at least a few years to work/travel/whatever for myself and for my spouse before we start making the babies!

Besides, kids are expensive and paying back all those loans is daunting enough.

You are a guy I assume? Most guys plan on having kids at 35+ while most females at 28+...I guess b/c most women married guys that are 5 to 8 years older than themselves...my mom had me at 27 and my dad was 35.

One child is good too...If I can have a child at 29 then I might have another one at 32 or 33...if I don't have any kids until after I am 30 then I will most like only have one...it will be hard to have kids after 34-35ish.

One is too few.

Three is too many

TWO KIDS IS PERFECT

SHC1984, what about getting knocked up back to back. Get the child birth thing out of the way before 31 or 32. I see a lot of female pharmacists doing this and most of them have no problem working while pregnant. (Just stay away from checking off Accutane and Chemo. drugs)

One is too few.

Three is too many

TWO KIDS IS PERFECT

SHC1984, what about getting knocked up back to back. Get the child birth thing out of the way before 31 or 32. I see a lot of female pharmacists doing this and most of them have no problem working while pregnant. (Just stay away from checking off Accutane and Chemo. drugs)

I heard having two kids in a roll will really mess up your body though (make you a fatty) thats why I wasn't considering it...:laugh: but maybe...I agree a boy and a girl is PERFECT. :love:

I know pregnant women can't take Accutane and Chemo drugs...but why can't they check them off? are you talking about verifying scripts? :confused: