How many of you are nerds..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dapmp91

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a question. It sometimes feels like I'm the only one that shuts themselves in a room for 2-3 hours and studies for one class, in my case it was G-Chem I, now I'm preparing myself for the upcoming semester, Calc I (took in HS-don't ask why I'm taking it again), G chem II, and Bio I 12 credits is the total for the upcoming year, I would take history but I'll take it in the summer later...
ps history-who cares :sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

dapmp91 said:
Just a question. It sometimes feels like I'm the only one that shuts themselves in a room for 2-3 hours and studies for one class, in my case it was G-Chem I, now I'm preparing myself for the upcoming semester, Calc I (took in HS-don't ask why I'm taking it again), G chem II, and Bio I 12 credits is the total for the upcoming year, I would take history but I'll take it in the summer later...

2-3 hrs?

u ain't seen nothin yet :D

and no, you're not. in fact, i guarantee you everybody on SDN is a nerd in some way whether they admit it or not.

im a gunner, aka: i don't study and have a 3.9

Members don't see this ad :)
i wanna be a nerd, but my grades wont let me.

yolony said:

yolony how did you receive the upstate secondary?

Robizzle said:
yolony how did you receive the upstate secondary?

Got it in an email with a link, user name and pw.

yolony said:
Got it in an email with a link, user name and pw.

ah ok thanks. oh dayam. i guess i'll be waiting impatiently now.

yolony said:

Nerdism isn't grades, it's a state of mind

I study a lot, too. I'm an admitted nerd and not ashamed of it, lol. None of my roommates are really doing "challenging" majors and don't really care very much about their GPA's, so rarely study... they make me feel like the worlds hugest dork. BUt what can we do..? ;)

I would like to think I am a nerd wanta be so I study 8~10 hrs (with brake of course).

Assuming you still only study 2-3 hours when you are a Junior, you will have to turn in your nerd hat for one of two others: Genius or Burnt Out Premed. Only one of those gets accepted.

2-3 hours an hour (omg time haxx0r, no wonder you people get more out of studying)? 2-3 hours a day? 2-3 hours a week? 2-3 hours total?

dapmp91 said:

i typically study 8-10 hours a day and i enjoy every moment of it. no shame on that. maybe this kind of thing is abnormal in non-academic ambience but studying this much is nothing in college.

just remember that being "norm" is defined by the prevalent thoughts of the society, not by some absolute truth.

thus being norm by the society's standard does not mean anything. Actually some of the current norm is beyond the realm of being ludicrous; maneuvering one's intoxicated body in usually cramped and loud area = fun??? taking harmful chemicals so one can intentionally make oneself semi-unconscious = fun???????

so if you like studying, then that is the end of it. don't let some absurd societal trends dictate your life.