How many of you did this??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

genius19971995

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a very conservative person. I did not vote for Obama. Now, so many of you are complaining about Obamacare taking effect. I would love to know how many people that are reading this right now voted for at least one democrat in Congress, and probably Obama himself. John Roberts was saying that it was his duty to determine if a law was Constitutional not if it was beneficial or not. He said that if the American people opposed this so much they shouldn't have voted for liberal democrats. Well I hope you understand it is your fault this country has been destroyed.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a very conservative person. I did not vote for Obama. Now, so many of you are complaining about Obamacare taking effect. I would love to know how many people that are reading this right now voted for at least one democrat in Congress, and probably Obama himself. John Roberts was saying that it was his duty to determine if a law was Constitutional not if it was beneficial or not. He said that if the American people opposed this so much they shouldn't have voted for liberal democrats. Well I hope you understand it is your fault this country has been destroyed.

Wrong. Roberts had to rewrite the law to rule it constitutional. He decided that the ends justifies the means. The law was written as a penalty not a tax. How can you make someone buy something or tax them for not buying it? In addition, nobody has ever paid this tax yet so SCOTUS didn't even have the right to rule yet. But, since it was a penalty SCOTUS could and did rule on the law.

Obamacare was clearly unconstitutional as written but Roberts ruled on social consequences of the law and not its actual content.