How many people are taking the MCAT in one room?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thestrokes14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT last August and from I remember, only one other person was actually taking the MCAT with me! It was actually really nice. But now I am planning on taking the MCAT again on June 16th. Should I be expecting many more people in the room?

Members don't see this ad.

Where are you?! Rural Alaska?

My test center had two clusters, each seating 20-25 people.

Mine had one room for mcat testing with 14 stations. I think only ~10 of them were used that day, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most people who apply late (a week before their test or so) here, can only find spots really far away, sometimes they even have to go out of state. So I'm guessing my room will be filled to capacity or near to it.

I think there were about 20 or so people in the testing center I was in, split into two narrow rooms with rows of small cubicles on each side. Most of them were taking the MCAT, but some were taking other tests.

I took mine in New Mexico. There was 4 kids including myself and I'm pretty sure only 1 other was taking the MCAT. It was nice and cozy. :laugh:

damn maybe i should fly to new mexico for my next exam! haha when i took mine there was about 25 kids in the room all taking it because the second they all started the writing section (even with the headphones on, which hurt after awhile) it sounded like a stampede of buffalo on keyboards while i was already on the bio section