How many SDNers are electing DO as #1 choice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess I'm thankful that I'm thinking DO, but I have no aspirations to enter surgery, whatsoever. All the stuff I'm interested in (IM, Psych, Neuro, PM&R) are all pretty DO friendly.

Members don't see this ad.

Liking where I am does not = drinking the koolaid...just like the reasons I originally looked into DO do not equate to my experiences in school ultimately being inferior. As I stated previously, I would not have attended my state school even if I had been accepted (mind you, I never applied because I was that turned off by my interaction with them). Oh gee, I'm just saying that because I don't think they would have accepted me? That's for you to think and me to know better than.

As for the clinical rotations...you clearly cover yourself by saying "some/most" but it still leads me to say that you can't speak for all schools. Then again, neither can I. I simply stand by the fact that thus far, our students say great things about their experiences, the preceptors and admin at the core hospitals speak VERY highly of our students and all around, there are very few negative things said. To say that by attending an MD program I would, by default, have a fantastic and perfect experience, or that by attending a DO program, I will clearly have a terrible inferior experience, is just crazy. Perhaps you've had terrible experiences...perhaps you made the wrong choice. It's clear that you're not happy based on the endless number of negative posts you write. But that really doesn't mean everyone feels or will feel the same way you do if they choose DO. Generalizations get us nowhere honestly. Rather than reading rants and bashing of DO education, it'd be nice to read legitimate statements about the inferiority of osteopathic clinical rotations. Examples and stories would be a far better use of people's time than broad comments that may or may not be true or founded in any sort of fact.
Aha... so your big point about MD schools being so terrible revolves around your interaction with your state school... yet you want everyone to know that a bad rotation at a DO school shouldn't taint the reputation of all DO schools... :eyebrow:

You have yet to make a reasonable argument explaining why DO is so much better. Contrary to your belief, there are MD schools with nice admissions offices, focus on primary care, and are family friendly. You just have to find them. In fact, since there are ~130 MD schools and only ~30 DO schools, it seems more likely that you'd find an MD school that fits your preference than a DO school.