How many units are you taking next semester/quarter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

so how many units?

Votes: 4 8.2%

Votes: 5 10.2%

Votes: 6 12.2%

Votes: 7 14.3%

• 19+

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters

anonymousername

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the poll is in semester units

semester = # Quarter units / 1.5

I'm taking bio and phys with some joke classes next semester totaling 14 units...sounds low.

what about you guys? why?

Members don't see this ad.

18 (what I typically take), all science for spring. I didn't take any science this semester because I knew what my work schedule would be like through the holidays.

15 on the quarter system.

I wish I was on the semester system.

Members don't see this ad :)
15 on the quarter system.

I wish I was on the semester system.

When I was looking around at schools in WA, the whole quarter thing threw me off lol. I like the semester system better, but that's probably because I'm used to it.

When I was looking around at schools in WA, the whole quarter thing threw me off lol. I like the semester system better, but that's probably because I'm used to it.

Yea, I think the only WA school that is on the semester is WSU, and I refuse to live in eastern WA. It is always too cold or too hot over there.

i feel like such a slacker...I'm gonna have 14 again next semester b/c of MCAT classes

:uhno:

Yea, I think the only WA school that is on the semester is WSU, and I refuse to live in eastern WA. It is always too cold or too hot over there.

Yeah, I wouldn't wanna go to school over there either! I was having a hard time picking between two schools in Seattle, but then I moved.... again!! I liked Seatte for the most part, but the traffic is really freaking hard to get used to... especially when you are from a small town in Colorado lol. I left last week, but hopefully I'll get to come back. My job is a pain. I still have my apartment there haha. How do you like the schools?

I'm taking about 15 or so, mostly due to MCAT in Jan, and research conference in March. I'm taking vertebrae form and function, microbio, ecology, foundations of civic engagement (required by the school :rolleyes:), and Honors Thesis.

15 credit hours, taking the basic standard schedule for most of the pre-meds at my school.

22 hours.... Damn you small liberal arts school

Some girl in my class was planning on taking a 26 credit semester. Granted, she's not pre-med or engineering, etc...that's still a lot of credits lol

Us part-timers are getting hosed on the poll choices. No 11 or under. Luckily, I'm switching to full-time in the spring.

5 ftw. and probably a bartending job

15. Although I'm doing all of these of top of that:

I'm EMTing 10-15 hrs/week
Research 10 hrs/week
Hospital Volunteer 2 hrs/week

I'd rather keep my grades high than overload myself so I can look like a badass on SDN. 20+ credits? Either your classes aren't hard, they are hard and you're doing no ecs, or they are hard and you're going to do ecs and not do great in your classes.

I know a few kids that have to take those kinds of course loads because they screwed around and filled up their schedules in semesters past with classes they didn't need.

Yeah, I wouldn't wanna go to school over there either! I was having a hard time picking between two schools in Seattle, but then I moved.... again!! I liked Seatte for the most part, but the traffic is really freaking hard to get used to... especially when you are from a small town in Colorado lol. I left last week, but hopefully I'll get to come back. My job is a pain. I still have my apartment there haha. How do you like the schools?

Well...I'm transferring to UW here in the fall from a cc. So the verdict is still out on that I guess. My sister goes there, but she is a business major (actually a very good b-school if you are into that kinda thing). But I heard the pre-med can be pretty cutthroat there. So we will see.

Well...I'm transferring to UW here in the fall from a cc. So the verdict is still out on that I guess. My sister goes there, but she is a business major (actually a very good b-school if you are into that kinda thing). But I heard the pre-med can be pretty cutthroat there. So we will see.

I've heard the same... you let me know haha. I liked the school when I visited. It's a lot larger than what I'm used to. Also, they definitely weren't receptive to OOS students (which I am). They offer a program that I was really interested in and haven't found in many other schools, which was a plus. I wish you luck!! It looked like a good place to go.:D