How much $$$ can you make in ALASKA ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Farm Di

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im a first year pharmacy student. I was recently told by 2 fourth years that people can make 3x as much $$$ in Alaska than in other states. I was wondering if anyone knew more about this.

Where can I find some pharmacy intern jobs that pay more than other states. When I graduate and take my exams and begin working, I want to move to Alaska and make a lot of money, maybe live there for 2 years.

Money is not my main motive, but just for 2 years, I think I can handle it, I like cold weather.

Please give me some advice, links, information, websites, anything you know that might help me read up on this.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, Im a first year pharmacy student. I was recently told by 2 fourth years that people can make 3x as much $$$ in Alaska than in other states. I was wondering if anyone knew more about this.

Where can I find some pharmacy intern jobs that pay more than other states. When I graduate and take my exams and begin working, I want to move to Alaska and make a lot of money, maybe live there for 2 years.

Money is not my main motive, but just for 2 years, I think I can handle it, I like cold weather.

Please give me some advice, links, information, websites, anything you know that might help me read up on this.

Thank you
i'm laughing my ***** off...you're either a great troll or totally oblivious

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously, where did this rumor originate from, and why is it still circulating?

You might make $150k tops...if you live in a hut 150 miles from the nearest convenience store and 450 miles from the nearest Walmart. I thought it was true for the longest time, too, if it makes you feel any better.

Fred Meyers - as recently as October of this year, was offering 200k per year with a 3 yr committment. That is the ONLY true rumor I have ever heard - coming from a quasi big-wig.

The 300k offers (or even most of the lesser offers) are vaporware - often spoken of - but never materialize.

~above~

do u also like 6 mos of darkness and 6 mos of light?????????

if so, then start looking for a condo and a sled

You might make $150k tops...if you live in a hut 150 miles from the nearest convenience store and 450 miles from the nearest Walmart. I thought it was true for the longest time, too, if it makes you feel any better.

I know a few night shift pharmacist that make that without having to live in the middle of nowhere.

Thank you

It's true. I know a few people (from different cities who don't know each other) have mentioned it. $1,000,000 for a 3-year commitment. A current P2 at our school is highly considering on doing her rotations there for her P3. But make sure to be very informed and know what you're getting into! There's always a reason why.