How much did you review the resources?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2thDoc11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just curious how many times you've ran through your dat resources and how'd you do on the exam?
I began studying early january for my exam on March 20th but it has been pushed back to June first. I also had my work hours reduced due to covid so I've had a lot of time on my hands.
Personally, I've gone through the Dat destroyer chem questions 4 times, biology 2 times. Chads prep chemistry about 3 times. I've gone through the dynamite biology notes twice. Feralis 84 page notes once. Bootcamp biology notes like 2-3 times. Currently catching up on math.
I know how much review that is needed depends on the student but was just curious what everyone's doing or has done in order to feel confident. Good luck and stay healthy!

Members don't see this ad.

Chad's Videos - 2 times, took thorough notes. Reviewed those notes 3 times after writing them, last pass focused on memorization
Feralis bio notes - 3 times after writing them, last pass focused on memorization
Destroyer - went through the entire thing twice

I went through other resources as well, but those were my foundation for the science content review.

Like most students I didn't feel confident at all going in. I scored 30 Bio, 30 GC, 29 OC. In retrospect I was way over-prepared. But I really made sure I took the time to understand what I was reviewing on a deep level and not just trying to learn for the first time from practice questions. If you stay focused, practice often, and make an effort to learn from your mistakes you will do well.

Let me know if you have any questions and best of luck on your exam.

Reactions: 1 user
How comparable were chads questions if you did them? He has lots and lots of questions and I've ran through them all but idk if they are "too easy"...easier then destroyer but most are lol

I think Chad's quizzes are geared more towards making sure you've learned the concepts that were taught in his video lectures (which is super important to reinforce lecture material), rather than trying to represent DAT-style questions and difficulty. So they're good to do, but they aren't meant to be comparable to the test. For that purpose, you want to seek out practice test material that closely resembles the DAT's specific question style, format, difficulty level, etc.

Reactions: 1 users