How much do you spend on rent+utilities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

How much do you spend on rent/utilities?


  • Total voters
    16

TimmyTurner

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My fiance and soon to be wife are moving to Miami after our wedding this summer so I can start at Barry. I have been looking around at different places in the area and I wonder how much everyone spends/how they view the rent expenses. My perspective- I will probably spend around 1k per month and likely just over that amount for a 2 bedroom. I will need a quiet study space at home and a studio just won't allow that.

I know there are a lot of moving variables in this; if you have roommates, where you go to school, etc. I'm just looking for how much YOU pay at the end of each month.

In short, I'm willing to spend a few extra hundred bucks a month to pay back at a later date in order to be more comfortable at school. I don't want my studies put an even greater strain on my relationship than I know they already will. That's my perspective, I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same way.