How much First Aid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdr9123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Through the help of this forum, I have been able to figure out the books I want to use for Step I that I am taking in June. I had one more question and was hoping to get opinions from people who have already taken the exam or are planning their study schedules.

Did you schedule First Aid in as its own time, or just used the relevant sections when the subjects came up on your schedule? How many times did you read it in the 5-8 wks after school let out before the boards? And would you recommend more or less time spent with First Aid?

I am going to make my schedule soon for Step I and was unsure of how to schedule in FA or not. I appreciate your input.

Members don't see this ad.

For the schedule that I have made up, I have it so that I review a subject during the day after my qbank and then at night I will just read over that section at night. As time goes on, I will try to keep doing this while every few days re-reading the previous sections. My last few days prior to the exam, I am planning on switching to only First Aid. This way it will be a lot easier to recall information that I feel I may forget if I didn't touch it again.

Depending on how this plan works out, I may stick to it or modify it but thats the preliminary plan