How much material do you guys cover?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamBig

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post so here goes. Roughly how much material do you guys have to cover in a day. In pages for example. All classes considered is it 100, 200, 250 etc. Thanks in advance for your replys.

Members don't see this ad.

It's hard to say in terms of pages because I hardly read the texts and mostly rely on the class notes and the power points. The notes usually have on average 6 to 7 pages per hour of lecture and we have 4 hours of lecture a day. So judge by that. Keep in mind that all the information is condensed in the notes. It will be overwhelming at the beginning but the biggest thing you learn first year is how to absorb large quantities of information in a short period of time.

For our biochem class the notes they handed out averaged 10 pages per 1 hour lecture, and we usually had around 2-3 lectures per day. So if you only read the notes that's not too bad, but the recommended readings out of the textbooks averaged to about 30-40 pages per lecture.

This is in addition to whatever physiology had in store for us that day. Speaking of which, took my physio final today...DONE! wheeee! Now that pesky biochem this friday...

Members don't see this ad :)
As many pages as I can. seriously in pharm the book may have a few pages and it takes me forever to go through them. but then in path i can read quite a few a day. so it depends. Bajillions? :rolleyes:

i don't read the textbook so i don't know. but syllabus, usually 10-15 pages for every 1 hour lecture. we have four lectures in a day.