How much movement occurs on Movement day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arc5005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those people who are on DO waitlists or alternative lists, does anyone have some ideas for numbers or percentages on how much movement actually occurs on movement day for DO schools?

Let's say a DO school has 200 students and has their class essentially filled up right now in March. How many of those 200 students on average will rescind their seat? Obviously, this changes year to year, and depends on the class & the school, but there has to be a range of expected seat turnover or percentages.

@Goro - can you offer any insight into this?

Members don't see this ad.

It totally depends on the school, the best thing is to not worry!

It totally depends on the school, the best thing is to not worry!

i'm actually not on a waitlist or alternative list, but I agree that others who are should not worry. I'm just asking out of curiosity :)
any insight would be interesting information. thanks.

For those people who are on DO waitlists or alternative lists, does anyone have some ideas for numbers or percentages on how much movement actually occurs on movement day for DO schools?

Let's say a DO school has 200 students and has their class essentially filled up right now in March. How many of those 200 students on average will rescind their seat? Obviously, this changes year to year, and depends on the class & the school, but there has to be a range of expected seat turnover or percentages.

@Goro - can you offer any insight into this?
What Magus said, and even at a single school, the numbers will vary from year to year.

My school sees the highest attrition not in May, but in June.

Reactions: 1 user