How much neurologists earn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

najieshmawi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to know how is a career as neurologist salary wise? If I spcialize 4 years in neurology, then 2 years in epilepsy.
How much salary I expect to get after my subspecialization?

Members don't see this ad.

2 years of epilepsy, are you planning on doing academics?

Knowledge - a LOT
Respect - a little
Money - not so much

Seriously dude, do a quick search. Salaries have been discussed several times on this forum. Also, there's no set value... there are so many factors at play when it comes to this stuff.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What's funny is that the Google search sends one back to one of the threads here. Fun times.

A thread should always be revived.salaries 4 years ago is definetly not the same as now.

At Harvard? $120k
In Idaho? $220k
At a boutique headache practice in Long Island, doing Botox and fillers as well? $400k
Running a pill mill out the back door, with an army of nurse practitioners, and a used car lot next door? $500k
Getting Oprah to like you and shilling fake weight loss supplements? $700k

Seriously, dude, the question is impossible to answer without specifics and even then no one is gonna know. Academic? OK, what track? Grant supported? Where in the country? Academic-academic? Or just affiliated with an academic medical center? Hospital-affiliated practice or private practice? Partnership track or employee? What kind of case mix? All epilepsy or a mix? Inpatient/outpatient ratio? Use of extenders? When? Now or in 5 years?

All of these things (and more) can impact remuneration, and not just a little bit. Thus, it is impossible for anyone to give you much useful information. My prediction, you will make between $150k and $300k. Or not.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree, its very variable. I know people who cover tele-neuro and take calls on 2 hospitals and ofcourse read EEGs. make quite a lot of dough- upto 400k, early in ur career, but ofcourse they're working hard. If u want to work peacefully in a midlevel academic program, some inpatient and outpatient, probly 200-240, early in ur career