How much prep time needed for April administration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kdburton

Ulnar Deviant
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen threads like this before, but I feel like I'm in a slightly different situation than most premeds, and wanted to see if I could get some other opinions on it. Heres my current situation...
I decided to go premed a little later than most (and not as a science major) which required me to cram most of the prerequisite courses into a very small period of time. I took Bio 1 (which at my school was mostly evolution and ecology) and Physics 1 a few years ago, but all the rest of the classes I will have taken within 1 year of the April 2006 MCAT administration. I took gen chem 1 over last summer (grade A), then fall semester i took gen chem 2/ bio 2/ and orgo 1 (grades A, A, A- respectively) , this semester I'm taking physics 2, orgo 2 and orgo lab. I assume that I'll do a decent job in my current coursework based on my previous performance.
I have the EK comprehensive study guide and i will probably get audio osmosis for listening to when i'm in the car, in bed, etc. With my performance in the prerequisites [almost all of them] within such a short period of time before the MCAT, what kind of study schedule would you recommend for the next three months (I havent looked at any MCAT prep materials yet)? I feel confident that I can study on my own I just need to set up a good plan and I will most likely be able to stick to it. Does my coursework timeline give me an advantage since I've had them all very recently vs a couple years ago?

Members don't see this ad.