Step I How much time to study/how to study Embryology?

Started by AK_MD2BE
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AK_MD2BE

New Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have read many of the experiences post claiming that they only 3-5 Embryology questions. So, should you only devote half a day or so to Embryo? Also, is that a topic that you should cram closer to the test day (maybe two weeks before) b/c it is largely memorization? Thanks.
 
I have read many of the experiences post claiming that they only 3-5 Embryology questions. So, should you only devote half a day or so to Embryo? Also, is that a topic that you should cram closer to the test day (maybe two weeks before) b/c it is largely memorization? Thanks.

I think so. I had only 4 question on mine, of which half I could answer correctly based on FA. The other two I guessed on and I think I got one right and one wrong. It's not worth your time going through an extensive resource just to secure 1 or 2 (or 0!) questions that you couldn't answer with certainty because FA didn't cover it.

I covered FA Embryo about one week before the test and then re-crammed it the night before.
 
I haven't taken the test yet, but if the NBMEs are any indication there are like 3-4 embryo questions max per 200, and they can all be answered with FA.