How much time to study/how to study Embryology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AK_MD2BE

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have read many of the experiences post claiming that they only 3-5 Embryology questions. So, should you only devote half a day or so to Embryo? Also, is that a topic that you should cram closer to the test day (maybe two weeks before) b/c it is largely memorization? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have read many of the experiences post claiming that they only 3-5 Embryology questions. So, should you only devote half a day or so to Embryo? Also, is that a topic that you should cram closer to the test day (maybe two weeks before) b/c it is largely memorization? Thanks.

I think so. I had only 4 question on mine, of which half I could answer correctly based on FA. The other two I guessed on and I think I got one right and one wrong. It's not worth your time going through an extensive resource just to secure 1 or 2 (or 0!) questions that you couldn't answer with certainty because FA didn't cover it.

I covered FA Embryo about one week before the test and then re-crammed it the night before.

I haven't taken the test yet, but if the NBMEs are any indication there are like 3-4 embryo questions max per 200, and they can all be answered with FA.