How much will applying late hurt me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agb2782

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was planning on taking the DAT in a couple of weeks, but after signing up with Prometric I realized that the earliest I will be able to take the exam will be July 26th. With processing time, my application might not get out until schools until September.

I know that this is a very subjective question, but can any reassure me that I am not totally screwed due to my procrastination in scheduling?

I guess on the flip side of the I now have an extra two weeks to hit the books :laugh:

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

"you're screwed vaughn" haha joking....you should be fine for a few interviews as long as your stats are good. I submitted my stuff around first week of august and got 2 interviews

You'll be fine. People apply in October and get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ Agreed. The less competition for me, the better. Apply as late as you can.

^ Agreed. The less competition for me, the better. Apply as late as you can.

Lol! No don't do that. Apply as early as you can but just know that if you apply in september you are not necessarily screwed and that you still have a shot.

Just pray that applying "late" won't hurt as much as the DAT results.

I was planning on taking the DAT in a couple of weeks, but after signing up with Prometric I realized that the earliest I will be able to take the exam will be July 26th. With processing time, my application might not get out until schools until September.

I know that this is a very subjective question, but can any reassure me that I am not totally screwed due to my procrastination in scheduling?

I guess on the flip side of the I now have an extra two weeks to hit the books :laugh:

Thanks!

Just apply...LOL..If your GPA and DAT scores are good, you will get interviews... I will be applying late, very late too....But yeah, some people say the earlier the better...Good Luck!!!