How much will my GPA hurt me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peppy

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that it depends on a lot more than just grades, but I am looking for some honest views on how much of a handicap my grades will be.
I am getting a 3.5 overall (I'm a Psychology major), but my science grades seem to be mediocre at best, compared to what I see on these types of sites. This is the rundown...
Bio I: A
Bio II: B+
Chem I: B+
Chem II: B
Orgo I and II: B+
Physics I and II: B
Neurobiology: B
I also got a C in Pre-Calculus. On the bright side, I am now taking Biochemistry and it looks like I will get an A in it. If anyone else has had similar or worse grades, I'd like to know how things turned out for you.

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone else has had similar or worse grades, I'd like to know how things turned out for you.

????? Are you being sarcastic or what bro, I dont see anything bad with your grades! but again, it can just be me!

Eduardo:D

That's 3.31 assuming everything but Neuro is worth 4 credits and you ace biochem, but I'm excluding precalc...
Not bad, perhaps lower cusp of competetive schools, but with a good MCAT 30+ and good EC's, you should get some interviews and some acceptances. Fear not! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the speedy replies, and I appreciate your encouragement. :) My main reason for concern is that I have always had the impression that a B or C here and there is okay, but that they expect mostly A's in the science classes...obviously, my trend is more in the B-range.

Just make sure the rest of your app and secondary screams "I rule"...
If you can get in the door, get an interview, and amaze them with your energy - intelligence - and compassion, you'll get in somewhere.

:)