1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

How much will my GPA hurt me?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by peppy, Nov 19, 2002.

1. peppy

peppy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I know that it depends on a lot more than just grades, but I am looking for some honest views on how much of a handicap my grades will be.
    I am getting a 3.5 overall (I'm a Psychology major), but my science grades seem to be mediocre at best, compared to what I see on these types of sites. This is the rundown...
    Bio I: A
    Bio II: B+
    Chem I: B+
    Chem II: B
    Orgo I and II: B+
    Physics I and II: B
    Neurobiology: B
    I also got a C in Pre-Calculus. On the bright side, I am now taking Biochemistry and it looks like I will get an A in it. If anyone else has had similar or worse grades, I'd like to know how things turned out for you.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UrSexyLatinDr21

UrSexyLatinDr21 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

If anyone else has had similar or worse grades, I'd like to know how things turned out for you.

????? Are you being sarcastic or what bro, I dont see anything bad with your grades! but again, it can just be me!

Eduardo:D

4. Lebesgue

Lebesgue Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    That's 3.31 assuming everything but Neuro is worth 4 credits and you ace biochem, but I'm excluding precalc...
    Not bad, perhaps lower cusp of competetive schools, but with a good MCAT 30+ and good EC's, you should get some interviews and some acceptances. Fear not! :)

5. peppy

peppy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Thanks for the speedy replies, and I appreciate your encouragement. :) My main reason for concern is that I have always had the impression that a B or C here and there is okay, but that they expect mostly A's in the science classes...obviously, my trend is more in the B-range.

6. Lebesgue

Lebesgue Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Just make sure the rest of your app and secondary screams "I rule"...
    If you can get in the door, get an interview, and amaze them with your energy - intelligence - and compassion, you'll get in somewhere.

:)