will quitting my second job hurt my chance of admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted910026

I am currently working a research job during the day and a clinical job at night. I have made some breakthrough in my research project, and it has become more difficult for me to keep the clinical job because I have so much to do for my research project. I am also on the verge of burning out because working around the clock left me with essentially zero free time. I plan to quit my clinical job after my interview, would it hurt my chance of acceptance? The school is nonrolling so all decision comes out on march 1. If I quit my job, do I have the obligation to inform the adcom about it or can I keep silent? If I do have to tell them, would it hurt my chance of acceptance (ie, seeing as checking off the box and not being committed enough)? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Assuming you have enough clinical hours, it will not hurt you.

You could. I'd probably do it after I get an A, but if you say you have zero free time, I'd consider a plan to do it. Otherwise you'll just stress out if that II becomes a WL. Zero concern for admissions committees who understand the importance of a balanced schedule for applicants and students.