Oct 29, 2009
Where is your Mod now?
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm currently taking my second semester of biology. I got an A- in the first half, but now that we're well past midterms it looks like I may end up with a B or B+ for this semester (I'm a chem major). Personally, I feel that I've made my best effort and have left no depth of cunning unplumbed in taking the class.

My question is whether it's going to look bad to get a lower grade in the second half of a prereq than the first, and whether a B is a problem as long as my GPA is still fine.

Ischemic

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2009
Status
Medical Student
What? :eek::confused: You seriously worrying about this? No, it doesn't matter.

Feb 7, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm currently taking my second semester of biology. I got an A- in the first half, but now that we're well past midterms it looks like I may end up with a B or B+ for this semester (I'm a chem major). Personally, I feel that I've made my best effort and have left no depth of cunning unplumbed in taking the class.

My question is whether it's going to look bad to get a lower grade in the second half of a prereq than the first, and whether a B is a problem as long as my GPA is still fine.
It doesnt matter about the B. Its that A- thats going to kill you. Everyone knows you need A+ to get into medical school:D

apumic

Oracle of the Sheet
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 1, 2007
Denver, CO
Status
Medical Student
Wow, you got a B? You should start studying for Step 1 ASAP, before you fall behind!
WHAT?! Just NOW studying for Step 1? If OP were a normal person, s/he should have begun studying for Step 2 by now. Step 1 should have been studied before prior to take the SAT at the OP's rate.. Everyone knows that. Duh.

OP...you'll be fine. Don't sweat it.

Now, IF this ends up being a B instead of a B+....

Morsetlis

I wish I were a dentist
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
The "Garden" State
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Just don't make a trend of it. A B+ student has an average GPA of 3.3, which is scary.

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
<----------
<----------
<----------
<----------

Bacchus

Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
Just don't make a trend of it. A B+ student has an average GPA of 3.3, which is scary.
And, outside the world of medical school, commendable.

Morsetlis

I wish I were a dentist
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
The "Garden" State
Status
Resident [Any Field]
And, outside the world of medical school, commendable.
How truly deplorable that we are, in fact, inside the world of medical schools :cool:

Richzz89

10+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2008
California
Status
Pre-Medical
Wow and I thought people asking about whether a C will be detrimental to their chances was bad, although I'll admit I was one after my first quarter.