How much will this hurt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SOcash

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently taking my second semester of biology. I got an A- in the first half, but now that we're well past midterms it looks like I may end up with a B or B+ for this semester (I'm a chem major). Personally, I feel that I've made my best effort and have left no depth of cunning unplumbed in taking the class.

My question is whether it's going to look bad to get a lower grade in the second half of a prereq than the first, and whether a B is a problem as long as my GPA is still fine.

Members don't see this ad.

What? :eek::confused: You seriously worrying about this? No, it doesn't matter.

I'm currently taking my second semester of biology. I got an A- in the first half, but now that we're well past midterms it looks like I may end up with a B or B+ for this semester (I'm a chem major). Personally, I feel that I've made my best effort and have left no depth of cunning unplumbed in taking the class.

My question is whether it's going to look bad to get a lower grade in the second half of a prereq than the first, and whether a B is a problem as long as my GPA is still fine.

It doesnt matter about the B. Its that A- thats going to kill you. Everyone knows you need A+ to get into medical school:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, you got a B? You should start studying for Step 1 ASAP, before you fall behind!

Wow, you got a B? You should start studying for Step 1 ASAP, before you fall behind!

WHAT?! Just NOW studying for Step 1? If OP were a normal person, s/he should have begun studying for Step 2 by now. Step 1 should have been studied before prior to take the SAT at the OP's rate.. Everyone knows that. Duh.

OP...you'll be fine. Don't sweat it.

Now, IF this ends up being a B instead of a B+....

Just don't make a trend of it. A B+ student has an average GPA of 3.3, which is scary.

Wow and I thought people asking about whether a C will be detrimental to their chances was bad, although I'll admit I was one after my first quarter.

Thanks for the replies everyone. The general consensus seems to be that the universe will not implode after a B, but the seeming inevitability of it still bugs me a lot.