How often did you get B's on your Prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBatman

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm very glad I found this forum. Now to my question how often did you guys get B's? Or for that matter even C's. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Never. Perfect 4.0 in the prereqs, with an A+ in Organic II to top things off.

Good thing you didn't ask about the three Fs, one D and more Cs than I can remember in all the other classes. Somehow I even managed to fail stargazing class. I mean, who goes and does that?

Straight B's in Gen Chem and Physics. I also got a B and a C in intro Bio.

Final science GPA: 3.5

I went beast mode in upper div. It's possible to rebound but you have to really want it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got B's in introductory Bio, as well as some Orgo classes. I ended up getting As in stuff like Cell Bio and Biochem, so I think that helped. But I also got a C in a Genetics class at some point too.

Curiously enough, I still have a 4.0 in all of my non-science classes. Go figure.

OP, don't worry about a B here and there - just learn from your mistakes and improve!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-12578-1366057604-1.gif

I got B's in introductory Bio, as well as some Orgo classes. I ended up getting As in stuff like Cell Bio and Biochem, so I think that helped. But I also got a C in a Genetics class at some point too.

Curiously enough, I still have a 4.0 in all of my non-science classes. Go figure.

OP, don't worry about a B here and there - just learn from your mistakes and improve!

I'm in love with that gif... :love::love::love:

@OP, I finished my prereqs with good grades. Don't worry about it too much. If all goes bad, retake or take upper-level courses.

The only prereqs I got B's in were Organic Chem *shudders*

I hated organic, but i think thats because I had really awful teachers.

I did get an F once in a non pre-req, but I went back and got an A. Still that dumb F haunted me for sure.

You'll be fine, just don't be dumb like me and get an F

I got lots of B's, two C's, one B- in prereqs. I'm going to a top 20. Obviously there is a lot more to an applicant than her/his 10 worst grades.

You were touched by God right there :poke:

Organic chemistry was fun. Where else can you get college credit for learning how to make TNT, nitroglycerin and methamphetamine?

Reactions: 1 user
I had 4 C's total, 3 C+ and 1 C.

Those were in classes like genetics, biochem, molecular bio and ochem...

And I will be matriculating this fall :D

I had 4 C's total, 3 C+ and 1 C.

Those were in classes like genetics, biochem, molecular bio and ochem...

And I will be matriculating this fall :D

Thank you; this gives me hope! :xf: Did they ask a lot of questions about those grades during interviews?

Thank you; this gives me hope! :xf: Did they ask a lot of questions about those grades during interviews?

I'm curious to know this as well. My pre-req I had mostly B's/B-'s but have since taken upper level classes and will most likely end up with a 3.6 sgpa/3.7 overall

I think a big misconception is that adcom's study every single grade you made that critically.

There is notice some of trends, notice if you are taking super light loads, etc. But past that, your probably over thinking it

Why are you even asking this question on SDN, if not to berate and abuse yourself for not being good enough for all the crazed grade-obsesssed SDNers who will rush to humblebrag their one or two B's?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for making this thread and basically asking what i was scared to asked... I haven't gotten below a B but i do have a few here and there and will be getting at least one more this semester but probably 2...

Phux Ochem...

I think you first need to explain what B and C mean seeing that the majority of SDNers are unfamiliar with the terminology.

This is where this came from!

Also, OP as everyone has said before, don't worry about not getting a 4.0.

My gosh..... Dream girl.

EDIT: I can seriously look at this all day...

B in every chemistry class. It's frustrating.

I'm very glad I found this forum. Now to my question how often did you guys get B's? Or for that matter even C's. Thanks

I had straight Bs in O-Chem.

Lol I'll jump on the pro-gif train as well. The guitar makes her even hotter...

I'm curious to know this as well. My pre-req I had mostly B's/B-'s but have since taken upper level classes and will most likely end up with a 3.6 sgpa/3.7 overall

Nope. They usually don't ask about any grades above a C.

Also, if you've made it to the interview stage they're fine w/ your grades and just want to get to know you better as a person.

Pretty much all of my prereqs were Bs except for the biology classes. I don't think that matters much though. I still got accepted at the majority of schools I applied to including some highly competitive ones. Just do well on the MCAT

Damn it, I just fell in love.

Sooooo who is gonna make it their avatar...

I always thought that SDN made a big deal out of doing well in your pre-req's. Like a lot of people would come on here saying that their pre-med advisor said never get anything lower than an A- in a pre-req class. This thread gives me hope lol

I always thought that SDN made a big deal out of doing well in your pre-req's. Like a lot of people would come on here saying that their pre-med advisor said never get anything lower than an A- in a pre-req class. This thread gives me hope lol

Yeah, because premed advisors know what they are talking about since they finished medical school (hint: 99% never even went to medical school).

I got all A's, but I don't think that would really matter

My school doesn't give letter grades.
It goes 4.0, 3.5, 3.0, etc.
80% 4.0s (Bio Lectures, Orgo Lectures, Biochem Lectures, Physics II, Physio II, Biochem I and a lot of non prereqs)

16% 3.5s (Bio Lab II, Physics I, Physio I, Human Genetics)

4% 3.0s (Genetics...)

Now with this being said, I'm scared as hell for admissions because if my MCAT isn't up to scratch my 3.8 + won't mean anything.

why not just make a poll?

one B in chem i think..:p

If you get a couple of B's in pre-reqs at a community college, is that bad?

0 C's...a healthy mix of A's and B's. finished with 16 A's in a row in upper division science courses to get a sGPA of 3.7...I did get an F in freshman composition, but it my defense, my professor told the class she could read our minds and that she was a dolphin outside of Portugal in her past life....so I really didnt have much of a chance there with her grading.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Are you sure? I heard adcoms look down on CC pre-reqs, so wouldn't it be even worse if you couldn't get an A in them?

Ehhh lol I'm not sure if they think into it that much. They may, but if you attend a 4 yr university after and excel in the upper level coursework then it may remove doubts.

If you fail a CC course then I think that could be a red flag.

Overall, I think it's mostly the top schools that are bothered by CC classes. To some state schools it may not be a big deal.

Gen chem sucked I got B+ in I & II. The other one was quantum physics ugh!

My girlfriend wasn't the only one with 34 Cs in college......