How old are you? Where do you live?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am 59.
born in NY, live in CA,...
7 children (6 girls, 1 boy)
28 grandchildren (22 girls, 6 boys)

Members don't see this ad.

35; Dallas, TX

28, Phoenix, AZ. 10 minutes from ASDOH

Members don't see this ad :)
I figured maybe i should update my stats...

just turned 26 (2 weeks ago)
physically live in central MA with parents (by default)
mentally live in West palm beach
Still single
iso: a dental school to accept me with all my low grades!

22 from Chevy Chase, MD (right outside of DC) and hoping to go to UMaryland!

Just turned 21 ;) Northeastern Ohio.... hour and a half to Case Western one direction, then an hour and a half to Ohio State the other direction...

For financial reasons as well as being a HUGE buckeyes fan, OSU is my 1st choice!

Great thread!!!

Just turned 23. My husband is 33. We live in West Dundee, IL.....about 40 min NW of Chicago (Someone said Road to Perdition with Tom Hanks was filmed here)

Hey Dental Mom, I just flew back from West Palm Beach and I visited Nova- campus was beautiful. I guess orientation was last Sunday (?). What year are you? How do you like it? Thinking about applying.... :rolleyes:

dat_student said:
I am 59.
born in NY, live in CA,...
7 children (6 girls, 1 boy)
28 grandchildren (22 girls, 6 boys)

Am I the oldest dental hopeful?

dat_student said:
Am I the oldest dental hopeful?

Possibly, but there's nothing wrong with that. I applaud you for switching careers. I had many successful "older" people in my undergrad classes and I found we often learned more from those people than the teachers themselves!

Diana A. said:
Possibly, but there's nothing wrong with that. I applaud you for switching careers. I had many successful "older" people in my undergrad classes and I found we often learned more from those people than the teachers themselves!
One of my granddaughters is applying this year as well. Hopefully, we both can get accepted to the same schools.

dat_student said:
One of my granddaughters is applying this year as well. Hopefully, we both can get accepted to the same schools.

It's hard to catch you in a serious moment!

Lostinbul said:
It's hard to catch you in a serious moment!

I was serious. Please, don't make fun of my age. plzzzzzzz. I am very sensitive about this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm 19 and live in Los Angeles, CA.

Hey Im 38, applied this year for next year's entering class, hopefully. Im in Boston. Im a foreign pharmacy graduate actually, been a practicing pharmacist for 8 years in the Philippines. Now that Im here, don't wanna go back to pharmacy school for 4 years. I want dentistry, to be a dentist has been my dream, however I was sidetracked and suddenly got attracted to pharmaceutical industry, whew...nevertheless being a pharmacist was a good and invaluable experienced for me.
Anyway, I'll be taking the DAT in the 25th of this month. Wish me luck. Now having said that, got to study now. See you...

I'll be 22 next month, living in Baltimore MD. Originally from Staten Island NY.

dat_student said:
I was serious. Please, don't make fun of my age. plzzzzzzz. I am very sensitive about this.

I'm 41, live in the Dallas area. Two kids, one wife, and one job (plus taking pre-requisites in school = 2 jobs). Please don't let anyone tell you that you are too old for D.S. A good friend working at Baylor shared with me some anecdotes and interesting stories about folks "older than average" that graduated. It happens more often than you think. Their stories were rather inspring to me. Don't be discouraged and keep your eyes on the prize!! :)

22, california, live 20 mins from LLU

shazam. I'm from Milpitas, too. MHS class of... gulp.. 1994.. but I live in San Francisco now.

age 28

EyeAmCommi said:
20, Milpitas, California

I thought I'd jump this bandwagon.

24, living in baltimore, md

I'm 22, in NJ, half an hour from UMDNJ (where I work)

21, Los Angeles .. 1/2 hr to UCLA and USC (by bus, that is.. :D). But currently in Stockton, nor cal

18-- Trinidad.

I am 20 and living in Fairfax, VA.
I live right in front of Fairfax Microcenter(it's famouse...isn't it?)

24, recently married. Living in Provo, UT. Maintain residency in Santa Cruz, CA. 1.5 hours south of San Fran.

Dental Mom said:
You guys are so young! Please sleep in for me as much as you can! :D

Once you have children--that's over for many years! LOL!!!!! :laugh:

Hey Dental Mom! By the time I finally make it to dental school, I will be about 30, too! You are in good company.

I am currently 26, live in Bradenton, FL. I plan on applying to NOVA (amongst others) when the time finally comes.

33, Little Rock. I used to live in Memphis and I hope to never be forced to deal with that again.

20-TeXas!!!!!

aphistis said:
24 years, 5 months, 20 days...13 hours, 50 minutes? I think, anyway.

And, er, Indianapolis-ish.

Wow, looks more like 38 and his sister looks like say 14.

Thats cool~!

25, Living in Provo, Utah!

24, Spokane Washington! :cool:

34 and living in Austin. Have spent significant time in Orange County, CA, Sacramento, Provo, Phoenix and Brazil. My wife is expecting our first.

Anybody Want To Sell Or Donate A Dat Prep Book?

dentaldoodoo said:
Wow, looks more like 38 and his sister looks like say 14.

Thats cool~!

haha, that's a good one :laugh:

22, Currently spending more time in Irvine (Orange County), CA
right next to newport beach

family resides in Torrance, CA

24. born and raised in Houston, TX, currently residing in Lubbock, TX for another year

21, born in the big T.O., residing in Florida. :cool:

I'm 25, and I live in Downey, CA. I'm about 20 minutes from USC, 35 minutes from UCLA, and an hour from Loma Linda.

24, santa monica, ca

25, American Fork, Ut

Raised in Redmond, Washington though! Gave up WA status for in state tuition.

23, Lehi, Utah (I still live with my parents)

27, very soon to be 28 and I hail from Provo Utah.

22. Davie, FL...about 3 minutes from NOVA.

I'm 27, and live in Long Island. By the time I graduate I'll be 33. :p

I'm 22 from Northridge, CA - 15 miles from UCLA - so I would love to go there :p

I'm 26 and am from Mesa AZ but have been in Logan UT for last 5 years.