How OOS friendly is UMD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDentalDude

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
From what I’ve heard UMD Dental School is decently OOS friendly but I have no recent statistics to back up those claims. I was wondering if anyone has any up to date OOS and Instate admission statistics for UMD. I’m a Maryland resident so I won’t be affected even if it is biased. I’d just like to know because UMD is my top choice due to convenience and appraisal from local dentists. I need the data to see what kind of OOS competition there is.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey DentalDude, I just looked up the ADEA 2017/18 guide that I have and it shows the following:

Out-of-State: 2349 (applicants) | 320 (number interviewed) | 51 (number enrolled)

This is out of 130 total seats!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey DentalDude, I just looked up the ADEA 2017/18 guide that I have and it shows the following:

Out-of-State: 2349 (applicants) | 320 (number interviewed) | 51 (number enrolled)

This is out of 130 total seats!
Thanks, what about the instate stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, what about the instate stats?

219/145/76

So... ~ 2/3 chance to land an interview and ~1/3 chance to get accepted.

Compared with ~13% to land an interview and ~2% acceptance chance for OOS. Whewie~

219/145/76

So... ~ 2/3 chance to land an interview and ~1/3 chance to get accepted.

Compared with ~13% to land an interview and ~2% acceptance chance for OOS. Whewie~
The 76 is number of people enrolled. They always accept more people knowing that some of them will choose to go elsewhere.