How programs download applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

housemd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious and thought someone on the other end might be able to explain why documents (LORs, USMLE transcript, etc...) are downloaded at different times in ERAS even if all are "available to download" when a program downloads your application for the first time.

For example, I saw a program downloaded my application today, but only downloaded everything that was uploaded on September 2nd. A LOR that was added on September 4th and the USMLE transcript was not downloaded. Is there an order in which they do these things?

Members don't see this ad.

I was just curious and thought someone on the other end might be able to explain why documents (LORs, USMLE transcript, etc...) are downloaded at different times in ERAS even if all are "available to download" when a program downloads your application for the first time.

For example, I saw a program downloaded my application today, but only downloaded everything that was uploaded on September 2nd. A LOR that was added on September 4th and the USMLE transcript was not downloaded. Is there an order in which they do these things?

This sounds like an issue with ERAS. Programs don't have any options regarding what is downloaded from the post office--everything in the mailbox comes through. Perhaps ERAS has some time limitations or a que that has to sort documents that were submitted later. It's why programs often check their mailbox several times a day.