How schools accept students after Dec 1st (Columbia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rexdds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if anyone know how schools are going to accept students after the Dec 1st. Are they have another specific date like Dec 1st or they are accepting along the way with the interview?

I heard about the admission committees meeting. I am guessing that they will meet once a month and decide who to accept. Am I right?

This is concerning about Columbia University. I got in some schools already but columbia just offered an interview. I like to know how they pick students after Dec 1st, so I can make a deposit to school where I decide to go.

Thank you guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Well based on what Dr. McManus told us at our interview the admission's committee meets every Friday morning to consider the interviewees from the previous Friday. Your interviewer is your advocate to the committee. They then have a vote to accept, reject, or waitlist you.

He said there was a small chance that we could hear before January 15, but that the most likely date to hear from them would be January 15, because that's when the first group of Dec. 1 acceptances have to either send in the their deposit or lose their spot.

So I would assume the January 15 is the new Dec. 1!

Well based on what Dr. McManus told us at our interview the admission's committee meets every Friday morning to consider the interviewees from the previous Friday. Your interviewer is your advocate to the committee. They then have a vote to accept, reject, or waitlist you.

He said there was a small chance that we could hear before January 15, but that the most likely date to hear from them would be January 15, because that's when the first group of Dec. 1 acceptances have to either send in the their deposit or lose their spot.

So I would assume the January 15 is the new Dec. 1!

I think from January 15th to February 1st, we'll see the new wave of invitations given out!