Medical How should I answer "Next year plans" secondary question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantacles

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a little nervous about secondaries that are asking this and how to approach them. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, my plans have been completely upended. I don't have any new plans as of yet and applying to jobs is obviously very difficult right now given hiring freezes across the country. I also live with a high risk individual so volunteering or anything that requires any contact with people is out of the question. As of now, all I do is tutor high school kids online (certainly not full time) and waiting and watching like the rest of the world. Any advice on how to approach questions about "detailing my plans" for the year? I know schools must obviously know times are not normal, but the questions are still there and I'm very aware I can't say "idk yet dude." Should I reach out to schools to talk to them about this or is there some advice as to how to approach these secondaries? I'm starting to panic realizing that there are a significant amount of students who didn't lose their jobs and internships and are writing about how they are continuing to change the world during these unprecedented times. What do you do if you were one who lost their job and all of their activities they used to be a part of?? I will likely figure things out, but it will take longer than the next few weeks I have for writing secondaries. Thank you in advance for any and all advice!!!

Write what you already have planned. If you have tutoring set up, you can talk about it. Avoid talking about your deficiencies, and focus on the positives. Also avoid comparing yourself to other people. Everyone understands that covid has messed stuff up.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.