How similar is PCAT and GRE Verbal/Math?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jungjh9001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How similar is PCAT and GRE Verbal and Math?
I have GRE Prep book that hasn't been used..
Would it be worth it to go though and study GRE verbal and math section
to prepare for PCAT?
Which one is harder?

Members don't see this ad.

The math itself seemed fairly similar. An important difference, though, is that you can use an on-screen calculator on the GRE but you have to do all calculations by hand on the PCAT. In that way, I thought the PCAT quantitative section was more challenging.

I guess it depends on how good you are at calculating quickly without the aid of a calculator. If you are rusty, it would help to drill the basics by hand... including log functions. For the GRE, I didn't really review at all and I did fine. I reviewed a lot more for the PCAT and got a slightly lower percentile on that that I did on the GRE.

I am not sure, but I would think studying materials specific to the PCAT may be slightly more beneficial than the GRE study materials, but the GRE stuff could still help.

I took both GRE and PCAT before, and imo GRE was harder in verbal/math. I agree with EP132, you should study the material that focus on PCAT.