How similar is the 2009 ada dat compared to real

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fdat94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, would love your experience

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say its as close as you can get. It's a little easier than the real DAT, but not by that much.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd say its as close as you can get. It's a little easier than the real DAT, but not by that much.
I agree with JLT223..it will give you a real good feel for the DAT, it was an actual test students took in 2009! ,BTW JLT223 congrats on your acceptance to Penn, great school.

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I took the 2009 pat and I got a 20 on it, its fine with me being a bit harder, just not as hard as bootcamps pat...its just too hard.
I like crackdat pat much better.

Thank you very much! Couldn't have done it without the Destroyer!
Thanks JLT223,

The 2009 test is the best test you can take to identify a weakness and from my experience for years of working with the students it is also most consistent in predicting close to your actual scores. I have received several emails over the past weeks from students who scored much lower than practice test from various companies and their actual score was much closer to the 2009.

Destroyer is on target, know it cold!

Nancy

Thanks JLT223,

The 2009 test is the best test you can take to identify a weakness and from my experience for years of working with the students it is also most consistent in predicting close to your actual scores. I have received several emails over the past weeks from students who scored much lower than practice test from various companies and their actual score was much closer to the 2009.

Destroyer is on target, know it cold!

Nancy

Would you say it would be best to utilize the 2009 DAT exam before trying other companies full lengths ?

Would you say it would be best to utilize the 2009 DAT exam before trying other companies full lengths ?
I can not advise you on that because I am not a fan of timed tests, they are unpredictable. The 2009 IMO gives you the best real feel to the exam because it it was written by the ADA and an actual test given to students in that year.

Just my 2 cents

wishing you the best..

Nancy

It should be the last thing you do before you take the real exam. It's the best indicator of what your score will be so take it after you've exhausted other resources.

I took the 2009 pat and I got a 20 on it, its fine with me being a bit harder, just not as hard as bootcamps pat...its just too hard.
I like crackdat pat much better.
PAT is much harder on the real DAT than the 2009 DAT. I spent the most time on the PAT and used Bootcamp for it... got 18/19 on the practice exams, but i guess the practice paid off since I got a 24.

I don't know if they changed the questions for this year, but when I took it in summer 2015, there was keyhole questions that literally looked like a rock (I'm sure I missed that one).

You can't really "study" for the PAT - all you can do is practice and hope you don't get a weird question.

I saw that some of the questions had errors. Do you guys know which specific questions had faulty answers?

It should be the last thing you do before you take the real exam. It's the best indicator of what your score will be so take it after you've exhausted other resources.
I took the test yesterday and did fairly well on it but I haven't finished bootcamp yet. Does that make a difference or it's a good sign and just keep on pushing through!

I took the test yesterday and did fairly well on it but I haven't finished bootcamp yet. Does that make a difference or it's a good sign and just keep on pushing through!
No difference, but glad to hear it! Very good sign.