• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

How similar is the 2009 ada dat compared to real

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
15+ Year Member
  • Mar 12, 2005
    New York City
    www.orgoman.com
    1. Non-Student
      I'd say its as close as you can get. It's a little easier than the real DAT, but not by that much.
      I agree with JLT223..it will give you a real good feel for the DAT, it was an actual test students took in 2009! ,BTW JLT223 congrats on your acceptance to Penn, great school.

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
      Lifetime Donor
      Sponsor
      Vendor
      15+ Year Member
    • Mar 12, 2005
      New York City
      www.orgoman.com
      1. Non-Student
        Thank you very much! Couldn't have done it without the Destroyer!
        Thanks JLT223,

The 2009 test is the best test you can take to identify a weakness and from my experience for years of working with the students it is also most consistent in predicting close to your actual scores. I have received several emails over the past weeks from students who scored much lower than practice test from various companies and their actual score was much closer to the 2009.

Destroyer is on target, know it cold!

Nancy

roy williams II

2+ Year Member
        Sep 17, 2015
        1. Pre-Dental
          Thanks JLT223,

The 2009 test is the best test you can take to identify a weakness and from my experience for years of working with the students it is also most consistent in predicting close to your actual scores. I have received several emails over the past weeks from students who scored much lower than practice test from various companies and their actual score was much closer to the 2009.

Destroyer is on target, know it cold!

Nancy

Would you say it would be best to utilize the 2009 DAT exam before trying other companies full lengths ?

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
          Lifetime Donor
          Sponsor
          Vendor
          15+ Year Member
        • Mar 12, 2005
          New York City
          www.orgoman.com
          1. Non-Student
            Would you say it would be best to utilize the 2009 DAT exam before trying other companies full lengths ?
            I can not advise you on that because I am not a fan of timed tests, they are unpredictable. The 2009 IMO gives you the best real feel to the exam because it it was written by the ADA and an actual test given to students in that year.

Just my 2 cents

wishing you the best..

Nancy

redhotchiligochu

D3
            2+ Year Member
            Jul 11, 2016
            USA
            1. Dental Student
              I took the 2009 pat and I got a 20 on it, its fine with me being a bit harder, just not as hard as bootcamps pat...its just too hard.
              I like crackdat pat much better.
              PAT is much harder on the real DAT than the 2009 DAT. I spent the most time on the PAT and used Bootcamp for it... got 18/19 on the practice exams, but i guess the practice paid off since I got a 24.

I don't know if they changed the questions for this year, but when I took it in summer 2015, there was keyhole questions that literally looked like a rock (I'm sure I missed that one).

You can't really "study" for the PAT - all you can do is practice and hope you don't get a weird question.

Alpha Centauri

7+ Year Member
              Mar 6, 2013
              Fhloston Paradise
                It should be the last thing you do before you take the real exam. It's the best indicator of what your score will be so take it after you've exhausted other resources.
                I took the test yesterday and did fairly well on it but I haven't finished bootcamp yet. Does that make a difference or it's a good sign and just keep on pushing through!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.