General Admissions & OTCAS How strong of a candidate am I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Donaldsonah

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
What are my odds for getting into a grad program?
Degree: Bachelors of Science with a major in Psychology
Other education experience:
National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Alumni (Semester in the Pacific Northwest)
Graduating GPA: 3.95
Average GPA from all undergraduate college credit: 3.25ish--I'm not sure if I am calculating it correctly.
(I have a 3.01 from Colorado Mountain College, 2.9 from Colorado state, 3.18 from University of Utah (NOLS), 3.95 from SUNY Oneonta, and 3.5 from SUNY Delhi)
Prerequisite GPA: 3.83
Shadowing Hours: 50 hours (40 from acute inpatient/ outpatient & 10 from Springbrook--school for kids with developmental disabilities)
Work experience:
  • Over a year of experience working as a home and community based aide at Springbrook where I work with individuals with developmental disabilities to create and achieve appropriate goals in their home/community.
  • I was a wilderness & glacier guide in Alaska for a few years. I led groups ranging from 12-25 in the backcountry of Alaska.
  • I worked as a receptionist at a busy mental health clinic in Juneau AK.
Extra Curriculars: Alpha phi omega (co-ed service fraternity), Tau Sigma & Tri Alpha (honors society), E-board member & guide in the outdoor program.
LOR: 2 OTs that I shadowed, 1 professor.
Schools I'll be applying to: Ithaca college, Le Moyne, Russell Sage, UW-Seattle.


Good luck with applications everyone!