how times have changed...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kid Charlemagne

Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well, this is my first post. I have been out of school since the fun loving days of Clinton. at that time there were pharmacist jobs galore and a major shortage of pharmacists available. been working in a hospital all this time. never worked a day of retail.

since I have started, I have seen wages double. yet what I am hearing and reading about here, tuition has also doubled and jobs are scarce.

it there any incentive to become a pharmacist? will the job market improve?

thoughts?
 
well, this is my first post. I have been out of school since the fun loving days of Clinton. at that time there were pharmacist jobs galore and a major shortage of pharmacists available. been working in a hospital all this time. never worked a day of retail.

since I have started, I have seen wages double. yet what I am hearing and reading about here, tuition has also doubled and jobs are scarce.

it there any incentive to become a pharmacist? will the job market improve?

thoughts?
Better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone.
 
I think its still a good field but its cyclical. Something will happen with these new schools; ex decreased enrollment (decreased availability of loans, state of current profession), mandatory residencies coming up. In 10 years it will be better but it has to get much worse first.

We had a similar problem in the early 30s with a proliferation of schools
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think its still a good field but its cyclical. Something will happen with these new schools; ex decreased enrollment (decreased availability of loans, state of current profession), mandatory residencies coming up. In 10 years it will be better but it has to get much worse first.

We had a similar problem in the early 30s with a proliferation of schools
I worked with a pharmacist who graduated in '58, and I thought he was pretty old. You take the cake! :laugh:
 
I think its still a good field but its cyclical. Something will happen with these new schools; ex decreased enrollment (decreased availability of loans, state of current profession), mandatory residencies coming up. In 10 years it will be better but it has to get much worse first.

We had a similar problem in the early 30s with a proliferation of schools

Dude, how old are you? Must be the oldest pharmer on this planet.
 
Which do you think is home to more biology?

The doorhandle to the main entrance of Mcdonalds, or the papertowel crank in a truckstop restroom?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hear having babies and getting welfare is a hard job to get these days....what is the world coming to!
 
well, this is my first post. I have been out of school since the fun loving days of Clinton. at that time there were pharmacist jobs galore and a major shortage of pharmacists available. been working in a hospital all this time. never worked a day of retail.

since I have started, I have seen wages double. yet what I am hearing and reading about here, tuition has also doubled and jobs are scarce.

it there any incentive to become a pharmacist? will the job market improve?

thoughts?

Here it comes...
 
captain-kirk.jpg
 
well, this is my first post. I have been out of school since the fun loving days of Clinton. at that time there were pharmacist jobs galore and a major shortage of pharmacists available. been working in a hospital all this time. never worked a day of retail.

since I have started, I have seen wages double. yet what I am hearing and reading about here, tuition has also doubled and jobs are scarce.

it there any incentive to become a pharmacist? will the job market improve?

thoughts?
Popcorn-15-Scary-Movie.gif