How to address bad grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AKamM

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
As you can guess from the title, I had bad grades that needed some explanations. My grades didn't start off horrible, they got bad towards the end. I really just want to say that I took on WAY more than I could handle credit wise. I am now about to finish my masters with a 3.9 because I've made changes not only in being sure what I can handle but also revamping my study habits and gaining a lot more maturity. From the time I entered my masters, I have trained myself to increase the workload at a pace that still leaves me room to adjust but also has lead up to a point where I can handle medical school classes. In fact, unlike undergrad, I've also added on working on top of being a full time graduate student and because of how Ive been training myself, have still been able to keep up until this point. I have also improved on my time management and organization since then. So, how do I say this in a way this in a way that would accurately reflect where Ive come from, how I've improved and where I am now? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

what was your ugpa? if it was <3.0 I would strongly advise that you retake some courses as a good number of schools screen their applicants. However, if you have a ~3.3/3.4 ugpa and followed that up with your master's performance I know quite a few schools that would be receptive to that level of performance given a solid MCAT score.

Reactions: 1 user
You DON'T address them unless asked. If asked, you tell the truth.

Hello everyone!
As you can guess from the title, I had bad grades that needed some explanations. My grades didn't start off horrible, they got bad towards the end. I really just want to say that I took on WAY more than I could handle credit wise. I am now about to finish my masters with a 3.9 because I've made changes not only in being sure what I can handle but also revamping my study habits and gaining a lot more maturity. From the time I entered my masters, I have trained myself to increase the workload at a pace that still leaves me room to adjust but also has lead up to a point where I can handle medical school classes. In fact, unlike undergrad, I've also added on working on top of being a full time graduate student and because of how Ive been training myself, have still been able to keep up until this point. I have also improved on my time management and organization since then. So, how do I say this in a way this in a way that would accurately reflect where Ive come from, how I've improved and where I am now? Thank you.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You DON'T address them unless asked. If asked, you tell the truth.
Some schools have asked. I just wanted to be sure that Ive written the truth in a way the reflects I have learned from my mistakes and have corrected them, resulting in improvement

What are the uGPAs you are talking about? Usually Master degrees don't really influence ADCOMS since you are expected to get great grade in grad school. It's the undergraduate grades that get you a look at.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app