how to approach first aid?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apr27

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story long, I made a schedule using Cramfighter to go over first aid, pathoma, and some questions before dedicated in May. I have like 5-6 pages of FA a day.

1) I'm just passively reading and occasionally underlining just to keep my attention to the page. Is this the best approach for retention? What is the best way to approach FA at this time?

2) Should I be covering my pages a day so that I can get through 1.5-2 times?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Doesn't sound like the best approach. You want to do active learning. Start doing questions and then patch weaknesses with the first aid. If you want to do fa and pathoma systematically, follow along with your classes

Yeah I am going to piggy back onto this thread because I have similar concerns with OP. What is a generally good way to tackle FA? I like to use test questions so I was wondering if doing uworld and checking the corresponding FA is good enough for now? I've been doing 10-20 questions/day and reviewing the corresponding section in FA, maybe a picmonic here and there, etc etc

Like the OP, I've thought about just doing blocks of FA at a time but I'm concerned that is too passive.