How to be better at interviewing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Report them.
Personally, I didn’t mind and was actually entertained... Plus, he sits on the admission committee.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
upload_2018-2-6_21-58-44.png

Report him anyway. Adcoms aren't above reproach. Be vague if it makes you more comfortable: "My second interviewer etc etc."
I agree 100%. This is the only way we can get rid on bad interviewers. SDNers should remember that when you go on interviews, you're interviewing the school as much as they're interviewing you (after all, you going to spend the next four years and some $250K there), and so this type of interviewer hurts the school.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree 100%. This is the only way we can get rid on bad interviewers. SDNers should remember that when you go on interviews, you're interviewing the school as much as they're interviewing you (after all, you going to spend the next four years and some $250K there), and so this type of interviewer hurts the school.

I was interviewing for MSTP and the faculty was a PhD, so at least he won’t be that way to patients

Can I use the words "totes", "legit", and "lit" in the interview?

applicant: "This school is totes cool and seems legit. Interviewing with you was lit".

Reactions: 3 users
I gotcha covered, Liz Liz. Talkin is srs bsns. U don't wanna look like a n00b.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile

So saying "Your school is n00by and you're just a n00blet" would be a turn off?

Reactions: 1 users
Not unless you are accompanied by an interpreter so I know what the heck you are trying to say. ;)

My interpreter doesn't translate words, he only does the non-verbal hand signs to show what I'm saying.

applicant : "this school is totes amazing, and that tie is the shizznit".

My interpreter:

depositphotos_7713163-stock-photo-cool-young-man-making-hand.jpg

Reactions: 7 users