How to blow off last 2 weeks of rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scoopdaboop

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I matched so I have no reason to be in the last 2 weeks of my psych rotation. How do I go about sneakily blowing it off without it affecting my evaluation??? Any fourth year know tips they utilized throughout their rotations that they're willing to share?

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
  • Okay...
Reactions: 2 users
I matched so I have no reason to be in the last 2 weeks of my psych rotation. How do I go about sneakily blowing it off without it affecting my evaluation??? Any fourth year know tips they utilized throughout their rotations that they're willing to share?
Don’t jeopardize your graduation bro! You matched, but you can still mess up by failing this rotation and not graduate on time to start residency. Just show up and do what is asked of you and leave. It’s only 2 weeks. Most rotations you can still pass by just showing on time everyday.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll share this thread: Is it possible to fail 4th year?

Basically, experiences are highly variable. One person was able to just not show up for a week and still get honors; others failed and had to remediate, and one failed/got dismissed/lost their spot. The unifying factor is that the outcome was highly dependent on the attending. It seems to me that after spending 4 years getting through med school, I wouldn't want to leave the decision of whether I get to graduate to the whims of an attending who might have a bad day and decide to be a hard ass.

If you show up, answer a couple of questions during rounds, and leave at the earliest possible time, you'll probably pass. Don't try something stupid that you might regret down the line.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t offer to stick around but also don’t insist on leaving at 930. The downside risk isn’t worth it

This seems like the prelude to a post saying that you got an honor code violation and won’t be able to graduate and start residency