How to choose which schools to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chessdude2

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am totally clueless on which schools to apply to, aside from the California ones. Is there an easier process to find schools than having to manually clicking on each PHARMCAS-participating school, going through its school's website, PSAR, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I am totally clueless on which schools to apply to, aside from the California ones. Is there an easier process to find schools than having to manually clicking on each PHARMCAS-participating school, going through its school's website, PSAR, etc.

Nope. I mean, the same situation happens with medical school. It takes active research. I didn't know there was a PSAR, you should look at that. Hopefully it gives you a good perspective on Out of State acceptance.

Well, I kind of checked the prereq requirement on every school link on PharmCAS. I eliminated the schools that required so many prereqs that I won't be able to complete in time before matriculation. Pretty much, I did everything the long way (ex: checking out the schools' websites, programs, locations, etc.). My goal is to try to get accepted to any pharmacy school in Cali too. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I based my decision on GPA requirements and location (like if it's a major city and if I have family or friends in that area).

I based my decision on GPA requirements and location (like if it's a major city and if I have family or friends in that area).

Oh yea, I also based my decision on minimum GPA and PCAT requirements.

Well, I kind of checked the prereq requirement on every school link on PharmCAS. I eliminated the schools that required so many prereqs that I won't be able to complete in time before matriculation. Pretty much, I did everything the long way (ex: checking out the schools' websites, programs, locations, etc.). My goal is to try to get accepted to any pharmacy school in Cali too. :)

thats what i did too.