Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How to choose which schools to apply?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by chessdude2, Jun 14, 2008.

1. chessdude2

Removed

I am totally clueless on which schools to apply to, aside from the California ones. Is there an easier process to find schools than having to manually clicking on each PHARMCAS-participating school, going through its school's website, PSAR, etc.

2. Jaded03

Jaded03 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pharmacy Student
    Nope. I mean, the same situation happens with medical school. It takes active research. I didn't know there was a PSAR, you should look at that. Hopefully it gives you a good perspective on Out of State acceptance.

3. cinnamoroll12

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Well, I kind of checked the prereq requirement on every school link on PharmCAS. I eliminated the schools that required so many prereqs that I won't be able to complete in time before matriculation. Pretty much, I did everything the long way (ex: checking out the schools' websites, programs, locations, etc.). My goal is to try to get accepted to any pharmacy school in Cali too. :)

4. I based my decision on GPA requirements and location (like if it's a major city and if I have family or friends in that area).

5. cinnamoroll12

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Oh yea, I also based my decision on minimum GPA and PCAT requirements.

6. mrblah

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    thats what i did too.