How to classify LOR from professor at another school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sasukeuchiha33

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! So I'm in the midst of getting my LORs in sorts and had quick question. One of my recommenders was my professor whom I had when I was a freshman; however, she since moved on to teach at another university. In AMCAS, when filling in the LORs it asks if your recommender is associated with a school, and I don't know what to put. The only two options I have are my own university and "other" (selecting other doesn't provide an option to list another university) so which one do I check? Do I check my own university since that's when I had her, or should I check other since she no longer teaches at my university? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! So I'm in the midst of getting my LORs in sorts and had quick question. One of my recommenders was my professor whom I had when I was a freshman; however, she since moved on to teach at another university. In AMCAS, when filling in the LORs it asks if your recommender is associated with a school, and I don't know what to put. The only two options I have are my own university and "other" (selecting other doesn't provide an option to list another university) so which one do I check? Do I check my own university since that's when I had her, or should I check other since she no longer teaches at my university? Thanks!

I wouldn’t over think this one - select the university option. The letter will make it clear that this professor taught you in some capacity.