how to deal (loud musak thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aubieRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
with people who play loud music and live near you?

The guy next to me has the speaker system from hell and likes to use it. Apparently the sound travels thru the beams cause the guy all the way down the way hates it when he plays the loud music too.

This has been a problem I have had for a long time.

Members don't see this ad.

well i tried being nice but he thought i liked him and asked me on a date of sorts and i said no cause i just was being you know friendly. damned if you do and damned if you don't sometimes :p
oh dears.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have already had a good discussion with your neighbor concerning the loud music (and don't beat around the bush...make sure he really understands that it bothers you) and the problem persists and it's quite audible outside of the apt or shaking things then it becomes a "public disturbance" issue. In these cases, it's fair game to call the police.

In one of the apartment complexes I lived in, I reported the noise disturbance to the office management. I guess a few other people had complained as well. A week later, the music was much softer and not played after 10pm. Of course this only works if you have a good property management team.

yeah if it gets bad this fall i will be a snitch cause i think this apartment has a good mgmt. team (i have been at apartments with horrible mgmt.). I think its so rude to play it so loudly it vibrates my desk. :thumbdown:

Caverject said:
Go kick his ass! (yeah, I know he is a bouncer but show him who's the boss)

HAHAHAHAH i thought that said "kiss" his ass the first time.

Yeah i think that if i wore a big enough boot id have enough super kung fu energy to bruise his butt. but i dont work like that

aubieRx said:
HAHAHAHAH i thought that said "kiss" his ass the first time.

Yeah i think that if i wore a big enough boot id have enough super kung fu energy to bruise his butt. but i dont work like that
so you can dress super sexy and get him in the right position and then BAM!

You asked him to keep it down already, right? It's not a big deal if you call the management. They can give him a gentle reminder and take care of the situation. If your desk is vibrating, the guy is invading your personal space. It's obnoxious.

well i took some of the advice in this thread (with special emphasis on "some" :p)

I told him the other day i'd appreciate it if he kept it down and he blew me off so today I went to mgmt and told them and one of the managers called him up on the phone and told him he had been getting several complaints over and over about his music (its not just me) and if he didnt turn it down hed have to leave the apt complex.

they are a nice group of managers. Just have to see what happens now!~

aubieRx said:
well i took some of the advice in this thread (with special emphasis on "some" :p)

I told him the other day i'd appreciate it if he kept it down and he blew me off so today I went to mgmt and told them and one of the managers called him up on the phone and told him he had been getting several complaints over and over about his music (its not just me) and if he didnt turn it down hed have to leave the apt complex.

they are a nice group of managers. Just have to see what happens now!~

I had some noisy neighbors too, and they eventually got evicted. However, I now have deep key scratches along both sides of my car from the tail light all the way up to the middle of the driver and passenger doors. Hmmm...I wonder who could have done that. :mad: :rolleyes:

Roxicet said:
I had some noisy neighbors too, and they eventually got evicted. However, I now have deep key scratches along both sides of my car from the tail light all the way up to the middle of the driver and passenger doors. Hmmm...I wonder who could have done that. :mad: :rolleyes:

...some people have no class.

did they know you were one of the people complaining?

I guess I just don't understand the need to have the music that loud. I have this nagging feeling that some people put it on that loud ecause they think it makes them look cool to everyone else which is so far from the truth :D

Just call the cops. They probably wouldn't even tell him who called when they came to his door. One time me and a friend of mine were doing a little partying on a friday night at my apartment and the neighbors called the cops on us for playing the music too loud. Fortunately the cops were friendly and just asked me to turn it down. I didn't do this all the time though, just once a month if that, but my neighbors were old and grumpy so what can u do.

I don't like the cops cause sometimes i feel like they have less negotiating power with noise disturbances than, lets say, the managment. It really is managment's problem not the cops.

Id only call the cops if the mgmt was useless or if i was actually physically threatened.

If the music only came on friday/sat at lets say 11 pm or something id be more forgiving but some of these people want to play it any old day just cause they can!