How to do locums when you have a full time job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heathermed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be starting a job that is essentially 3.5 days a week full time (lots of call lol).
I was curious to know if anyone has ever done or knows anyone that did locums/per diem consistently 1-2 days a week? Is that even possible or practical? Some insight on the idea would be very helpful

Members don't see this ad.

I will be starting a job that is essentially 3.5 days a week full time (lots of call lol).
I was curious to know if anyone has ever done or knows anyone that did locums/per diem consistently 1-2 days a week? Is that even possible or practical? Some insight on the idea would be very helpful

It's absolutely possible as long as you live near a place that needs regular locums coverage. No reason it won't work provided you have your own malpractice policy and your full time gig doesn't have you locked down with a non compete.

Would add that it is a good idea to fully disclose to your primary employer your locum intentions/activities.

Reactions: 1 users