State of Locums market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I mean 2000/hr is an absurd demand

physicians tend to think small. in other industries 5x multiplier for a true emergency is not out of bounds.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I mean 2000/hr is an absurd demand
It’s not a demand. It’s just my offered rate for saving lives in the setting of this supposed/apparent emergency need at a place body wants to work at. From a supply and demand perspective it’s a rational offer.

I won’t go into the details but it’s at a toxic hospital where I happen to have credentials and they have a staff walkout occurring during the winter holidays. Their ORs and emergency services will all grind to a halt very shortly. They can decide what that’s worth to them, but for me to go there in this setting it’s at least worth 2K/hr.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
physicians tend to think small. in other industries 5x multiplier for a true emergency is not out of bounds.
Absolutely 100% on point. We should be thinking like lawyers and consultants do. People pay top dollar for a law firm partner, and we’re very similar - except that we screw ourselves over due to trapped thinking inside the box and self-crushing of our own potential.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
I recently had a recruiter bother me multiple times about an “emergency need” at a known toxic facility. I told them I’d consider it for $2000/hr for daytime shifts only but that it might be more depending on the conditions and needs.

Then their insistence magically went away…. and their emergency, it turns out, isn’t worth so much to them after all.

If it’s a true “emergency” I don’t see anything wrong with 2000 hr. Set the bar high
I had a recruiter email and phone call me about urgent/emergent need in Tennessee. The rate? 300/HR. Come on, man....

Reactions: 6 users
2000 beeper call 30k per weekend
My friend made 60k last week. It is simply crazy.

I feel poor at 56k this upcoming week.

Take the money while it’s good.

Reactions: 3 users
lol how?
thats hitting 1000/hr during regular hours.
Calls man. Those 24 hr calls add up big time. Like 10k plus 24 hours weeknight. Multiple 24 hours in a row. Add call stipend on weekends as well (in addition to call hours). “Call stipend” is just another word for bonus money in the locums world. I’ve had an AMC word it as $350/hr weekday plus $500 “stipend”. They use this terminology to artificially keep their rates low to their clients due to market forces. It’s really $412/hr for 8 hours. They just don’t want to word it like that. So a stipend of $3000/24 hr is really adding $125/hr to whatever base rate you negotiate.

The key to being able to work 72/96 straight hours on the clock is to have crna on ob and OR. Obviously it is near suicide to do it MD only. I’ve done 64 hour MD only call. It’s not fun. So all you guys pounding your chest that you don’t need crnas. Try doing 64 hours straight MD only and think next time you say that if you want to make money. Work smarter. Not harder folks. Use the crna to get some rest. Crna has good life also. They raking in 700k 1099 annually they tell me on the locums trail with 10 weeks off.

They will pay you say $425 x 24 hours equals $10200 Plus the $2000-4000 per 24 hour weekend call “stipend”

Add in holiday pay. And I’m not even in house at those rates. My rate is guaranteed on Xmas day. Zero cases or 10 cases.

When places get desperate. They will pay.

Everything is negotiable these days.

Calls man. Those 24 hr calls add up big time. Like 10k plus 24 hours weeknight. Multiple 24 hours in a row. Add call stipend on weekends as well (in addition to call hours). “Call stipend” is just another word for bonus money in the locums world. I’ve had an AMC word it as $350/hr weekday plus $500 “stipend”. They use this terminology to artificially keep their rates low to their clients due to market forces. It’s really $412/hr for 8 hours. They just don’t want to word it like that. So a stipend of $3000/24 hr is really adding $125/hr to whatever base rate you negotiate.

The key to being able to work 72/96 straight hours on the clock is to have crna on ob and OR. Obviously it is near suicide to do it MD only. I’ve done 64 hour MD only call. It’s not fun. So all you guys pounding your chest that you don’t need crnas. Try doing 64 hours straight MD only and think next time you say that if you want to make money. Work smarter. Not harder folks. Use the crna to get some rest. Crna has good life also. They raking in 700k 1099 annually they tell me on the locums trail with 10 weeks off.

They will pay you say $425 x 24 hours equals $10200 Plus the $2000-4000 per 24 hour weekend call “stipend”

Add in holiday pay. And I’m not even in house at those rates. My rate is guaranteed on Xmas day. Zero cases or 10 cases.

When places get desperate. They will pay.

Everything is negotiable these days.
I routinely do 100+ h in house continuously without a CRNA. We're not really doing 8h vascular marathons overnight so I don't really need anyone to sit the stool. If there were a CRNA on, they'd add very little value and I'd get paid less.

I routinely do 100+ h in house continuously without a CRNA. We're not really doing 8h vascular marathons overnight so I don't really need anyone to sit the stool. If there were a CRNA on, they'd add very little value and I'd get paid less.
But are you getting 40k for the week in house if you are doing 100 hours? I bet not.

And you must be a machine. Because I am tired around hour 12 continuous doing case after case solo on weekend. Around 11pm I’d be barley keeping my eyes open

You need sleep.

100 hours straight solo in a busy place is insane.

But if it’s light hospital that it’s doable.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it’s a true “emergency” I don’t see anything wrong with 2000 hr. Set the bar high
A hospital loses approximately 50k per OR per day they cannot run

Look at the hospital facility fees per OR case for a simple 90 min foot case (this is the ACTUAL PAYMENT)

Surgeon $600
Anesthesia $1500 yes we are overpaid for for lot of simple stuff depending on commercial insurance)
Hospital facility fee 20k

So multiple that by 3 OR cases per day. That’s 60k the hospital is losing

That 60k isn’t reinvested into nurses or tech salaries.

And I’m not sure if there are extra fees like device rep fees either for such cases

Reactions: 1 users
But are you getting 40k for the week in house if you are doing 100 hours? I bet not.

And you must be a machine. Because I am tired around hour 12 continuous doing case after case solo on weekend. Around 11pm I’d be barley keeping my eyes open

You need sleep.

100 hours straight solo in a busy place is insane.

But if it’s light hospital that it’s doable.
It's a light hospital. Most nights I can manage 6 hours of sleep. Every third night I'll get slammed and only manage 2 hours.

Reactions: 1 user
It's a light hospital. Most nights I can manage 6 hours of sleep. Every third night I'll get slammed and only manage 2 hours.
No matter how light hospital is. Time and money. That’s what it boils down to.

Administration tries to play the sympathy card to be there for patient

While they sleep in their own homes.

100 hours is worth one extra week off no matter how light call is. As a w2. If ur job gives you 10 weeks off base. It should be 20 weeks off at that same base pay.

Not once was patient safety mentioned here....
Despite the known effects of sleep deprivation on cognitive function and errors.

Not throwing any shade. Just an amusing observation.

Reactions: 2 users
Despite the known effects of sleep deprivation on cognitive function and errors.

Yeah I don’t think it’s safe to work that long with that little sleep… the airline pilots are heavily regulated on how much they fly - and probably we should be too. And now most of the big airline pilots are making doctor money.

Reactions: 4 users

I get tired by around 9 pm if I’m solo non stop on call from 7am. I may try to get a 20 min break to eat around 2-3pm. OR will stop for me.

That’s why I will have to think long and hard before doing MD only 3 straight nights at a pretty busy hospitals. 25-30k isn’t worth it.

So calls is all relative. Those who do mega Friday-Monday weekend calls with 10-15 plus cases each day plus OB for 30K 90% in house always have 2 crna overnight). Usually 3-4 crna for daytime weekend.

It's dangerous to do it solo MD for that period of time 6-10 cases (real cases, not GI). for 18 hours non stop. High acuity weekend cases.

I get tired by around 9 pm if I’m solo non stop on call from 7am. I may try to get a 20 min break to eat around 2-3pm. OR will stop for me.

That’s why I will have to think long and hard before doing MD only 3 straight nights at a pretty busy hospitals. 25-30k isn’t worth it.

So calls is all relative. Those who do mega Friday-Monday weekend calls with 10-15 plus cases each day plus OB for 30K 90% in house always have 2 crna overnight). Usually 3-4 crna for daytime weekend.

It's dangerous to do it solo MD for that period of time 6-10 cases (real cases, not GI). for 18 hours non stop. High acuity weekend cases.
It's not "dangerous" to do anesthesia without CRNAs. In my experience, it's far more dangerous to do it *with* CRNAs. What you are really saying is that it's dangerous to do anesthesia 3 days in a row, which is kind of self-evident...

CRNAs only really alleviate your burden overnight if you make yourself unavailable and have them do whatever without you ever even assessing a patient. If you're actually doing your job, then you're going to be awake regardless and they're not doing much for you.

It's not "dangerous" to do anesthesia without CRNAs. In my experience, it's far more dangerous to do it *with* CRNAs. What you are really saying is that it's dangerous to do anesthesia 3 days in a row, which is kind of self-evident...

CRNAs only really alleviate your burden overnight if you make yourself unavailable and have them do whatever without you ever even assessing a patient. If you're actually doing your job, then you're going to be awake regardless and they're not doing much for you.
Correct.

But we are talking about locums money here. How to make the most money with the least effor in anesthesia. It’s like a senior partner taking 40% of new grad billing and letting new grad do all the word.

The best way to maximize money is to use all labor forces available when you are the contractor. The one paying the bills wants to use the least amount of labor to maximize their profits.

This is why everyone needs to change their way of thinking in the practice of medicine

The administrations are counting on you not knowing ur true worth as you make profits for them

My friends always have this mindset as locums is do ur job. Do it well. (That way you are wanted back) but also demand as much as you can and don’t overwork yourself.

FWIW I'm making $350/hr $400 OT sitting my own cases in the East Bay. Maybe I could have negotiated more but I was shocked at the $350 initial offer and took it (I'm 5 years out of residency and this was my first locum gig, $350 an hour is a lot of money). $3k per 24hrs weekend call stipend plus the hourly rate if working.

That being said, I'm leaving this soon for a $45/unit doc only surgery center gig. Its worth so much more to spend nights at home with my family.

Reactions: 8 users
FWIW I'm making $350/hr $400 OT sitting my own cases in the East Bay. Maybe I could have negotiated more but I was shocked at the $350 initial offer and took it (I'm 5 years out of residency and this was my first locum gig, $350 an hour is a lot of money). $3k per 24hrs weekend call stipend plus the hourly rate if working.

That being said, I'm leaving this soon for a $45/unit doc only surgery center gig. Its worth so much more to spend nights at home with my family.
You are and will be crushing it!

Huh. So you’re gonna take a big pay cut 5 yrs out of residency? Good work if you can get it I guess.

$45/unit x 12k units a year solo equals 540k no benefits 1099? Sounds around average these days

But no calls no weekends is the trade off

Now if you are working 5 days a week 7-4. It can get grueling at surgery center

The trend at least in Florida is to have ur cake and it also

1. Keep “full time job” whether it’s 0.5 FTE or 1.0 with tons of vacation (16-20 plus weeks off) or have a strict 7-3 (or 1pm) and do side hustle 3pm-630am calls within 1 hr radius of home base.

I honestly do not see many “full time” MD “locums” in the big Florida cities. They all have regular paying jobs. Yes there are docs in their late 50s/60s with pure 1099 income but they aren’t what I consider “full time”. They work schedules they want but it’s not their main source of income

So the OP is sorta of correct in big cities for MD in my area the long term 6-12 month locums 1099 “full time” locums are pretty sparse. But you can create your own patch work of side hustle gigs and still generate a ton of cash.

Huh. So you’re gonna take a big pay cut 5 yrs out of residency? Good work if you can get it I guess.
We've got no kids and spend less than 100k a year. Loans will be gone this year and we've got around 800k in investements It makes more sense for us to have a good life at this point.
Oh, and it's not really a pay cut. I'm only doing locums work a week a month.

Reactions: 5 users
$45/unit x 12k units a year solo equals 540k no benefits 1099? Sounds around average these days

But no calls no weekends is the trade off

Now if you are working 5 days a week 7-4. It can get grueling at surgery center
I'm fine with average, it let's us live in a great place with great people, and I can walk to work. When I left residency my first salary was 250k and we had more money then we knew what to do with.

Reactions: 5 users
I started doing 100% locums in big city metro. Have three contracts that I rotate my time with ranging from 375-425/hr, my OT is 425-450/hr. Shifts range from 8-12 hours no weekends, no call, no holidays. Each contract is a backup for the other.

Downsides are real that you are not part of a group and no one trusts you nor likes to see you. But I still feel burned from the pandemic when all that loyalty got me was a pay cut, a hero sign, a used N95 and a zoom call from leadership hiding in their basement.

Its purely transactional for me from here on out.

I realize this hot market may end but for now I plan on staying 1099 and earning as much as possible with a balance schedule while I can.

Reactions: 13 users
I started doing 100% locums in big city metro. Have three contracts that I rotate my time with ranging from 375-425/hr, my OT is 425-450/hr. Shifts range from 8-12 hours no weekends, no call, no holidays. Each contract is a backup for the other.

Downsides are real that you are not part of a group and no one trusts you nor likes to see you. But I still feel burned from the pandemic when all that loyalty got me was a pay cut, a hero sign, a used N95 and a zoom call from leadership hiding in their basement.

I realize this hot market may end but for now I plan on staying 1099 and earning as much as possible with a balance schedule while I can.
That the key. Have 4-5 active hospitals privileges going at a time. (Surgery centers don’t have to worry about they can credential u in a day or two pretty easily. Try to Lock in locums dates 60 days in advance. Of course they can cancel on you 30 days out but that’s just the risk you take with locums.

You know how to hustle.

Some people get caught with no work when places cancel on you.

True private groups will hate u unless the hospital is footing the bill. But AMC practices will just use u to their advantage to make life easier for the full time w2 docs.

But yes. You have the right mentality. It’s business treat it like that. You are a hired mercenary.

We've got no kids and spend less than 100k a year. Loans will be gone this year and we've got around 800k in investements It makes more sense for us to have a good life at this point.
Oh, and it's not really a pay cut. I'm only doing locums work a week a month.
No kids is the key. Extreme flexibility. Once you have kids. It’s a whole different ball game literally. I’m giving up a 25k weekend next month due to a baseball weekend with my son. But that’s the choice we all have to make. So it’s a catch-22 situation. Want to make as much as we can while the money is hot. But have to slow down life as well. Because on ur death bed. You never heard anyone saying they wish they did that extra weekend for more money.

That the key. Have 4-5 active hospitals privileges going at a time. (Surgery centers don’t have to worry about they can credential u in a day or two pretty easily. Try to Lock in locums dates 60 days in advance. Of course they can cancel on you 30 days out but that’s just the risk you take with locums.

You know how to hustle.

True private groups will hate u unless the hospital is footing the bill. But AMC practices will just use u to their advantage to make life easier for the full time w2 docs.

But yes. You have the right mentality. It’s business treat it like that. You are a hired mercenary.
Yes I think the only issue is keeping the various hospitals happy that they keep you on staff and renew you. The ultimate backup is a contract I have a 1.5 hour flight away in a BFE location that I know will never staff up and has a significant need. I go there a week a month.

One thing that’s interesting is that I’ve inquired to a couple hospitals that won’t even consider you for a locums contract unless you are willing to devote yourself full time. I’m wondering who would do this considering they can axe you with such little notice.

You know how to hustle.

Yes, one private group of docs is always happy to see me and have me work OT if I request because the hospital is paying the locums rates. It’s a win for the group and a win for me. The group is in contract negotiations now so not sure how that will end up for them.

No kids is the key. Extreme flexibility. Once you have kids. It’s a whole different ball game literally. I’m giving up a 25k weekend next month due to a baseball weekend with my son. But that’s the choice we all have to make. So it’s a catch-22 situation. Want to make as much as we can while the money is hot. But have to slow down life as well. Because on ur death bed. You never heard anyone saying they wish they did that extra weekend for more money.

Money really isn’t worth much unless you can also spend qualify time with loved ones including family. Sounds like you have the right attitude and balance!

I may hit at least 50k. Up to 75k depending how desperate they get at thanksgiving weekend next month (month of November ) as 1099 side gig. Weekends are the key to locums work. That’s in addition to my full time job mainly work Monday-Friday.

These dudes are pulling almost 30k per weekend alone. 72 hour call @$450/hr. 2 full weekends a month. Just do the math. I may try to squeeze in at 4pm after working 7-3p my regular gig.

So it’s not just hourly rate. It’s how many hours you can string in a row. Busy hospital. Can do like 30-40 epidurals a day. Yourself. Crnas can help some times but ORs running almost 24/7.

So 6 days of work nets you 55-60k plus. Enough to feed a family.

The key is to have 10-12 hospital privileges at any one time. Jump in and out.

yes mainly true. But it really depends on the location. In Florida. Miami proper sucks in general for locums. Same with Orlando proper and Tampa proper. Kinda of sucks for locums. You gotta pick ur spots. It’s a big state. You won’t get $400/hr in any of those proper areas
What cities in FL do u suggest ?

What cities in FL do u suggest ?
Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville proper are pretty trash in general in terms of big locums money. Miami proper is even worst. Fort Lauderdale and Palm beach aren't much better. Panhandle is decent pay but also in different time zone. Yes there are some desperate places that need daytime locums (full time) in those proper areas. If your goal is full time locums you can stay in those "proper" areas to make 600K no benefits which isn't much better than the guaranteed full time w2 job with guarantee pay adjusted for vacation and benefits. Mainly daytime hours. I can't give you any specifics because competition is everywhere and someone may want to underbid which defeats the purpose of getting maximum money.

Remember Florida is a long state, takes you 9 hours to travel from Miami to Destin. One end of the state to the northwest end. So asking about a specific city means you aren't around here. Also remember Florida is a narrow state. Meaning It takes less than 2-2.5 hours to travel criss cross most parts of the state west to east. Lots of opportunities everywhere within driving distances of major cities.

Me personally I like the west side of the state during the winter months since waters are warmer on the gulf side.

Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville proper are pretty trash in general in terms of big locums money. Miami proper is even worst. Fort Lauderdale and Palm beach aren't much better. Panhandle is decent pay but also in different time zone. Yes there are some desperate places that need daytime locums (full time) in those proper areas. If your goal is full time locums you can stay in those "proper" areas to make 600K no benefits which isn't much better than the guaranteed full time w2 job with guarantee pay adjusted for vacation and benefits. Mainly daytime hours. I can't give you any specifics because competition is everywhere and someone may want to underbid which defeats the purpose of getting maximum money.

Remember Florida is a long state, takes you 9 hours to travel from Miami to Destin. One end of the state to the northwest end. So asking about a specific city means you aren't around here. Also remember Florida is a narrow state. Meaning It takes less than 2-2.5 hours to travel criss cross most parts of the state west to east. Lots of opportunities everywhere within driving distances of major cities.

Me personally I like the west side of the state during the winter months since waters are warmer on the gulf side.
correct I am not from around there but I am licensed and like you, enjoy the warmer areas during winter but more importantly, do u have any suggestions who I may talk to regarding weekend opportunities? my goal is like u, work for max amount too. thanks in advance

correct I am not from around there but I am licensed and like you, enjoy the warmer areas during winter but more importantly, do u have any suggestions who I may talk to regarding weekend opportunities? my goal is like u, work for max amount too. thanks in advance
You just have to get ur foot in the door. If they like u. They will use u

U can renegotiate in 3 months. Remember locums contracts are really rolling 30 day contracts. They can cancel u on 30 days. U can cancel them on 30 days.

You just can’t expect to just roll in and expect things to be given to you. I tell newbies at my real work place. They don’t want to do real work. Literally kids out of residency for 4 months asking for locums work on the side like me. Yet they always ask if crna is in house. Does crna cover ob?

When you are new. Work. Learn the ropes.

I kid around a lot on these forums. But I do real work. Network and get experience doing locums.

Any recruiter envoy envision , anesthesia on call usap, dy staffing team health staffing, sound care echo healthcare Napa bridge care division those are the direct 1099 division of the big amc

Than you have your bigger full locums companies like staff care , Locum Tenens

So many to name

You just can’t expect to just roll in and expect things to be given to you. I tell newbies at my real work place. They don’t want to do real work. Literally kids out of residency for 4 months asking for locums work on the side like me. Yet they always ask if crna is in house. Does crna cover ob?

I've been seeing this more and more. People straight out of residency think that doing locums supervising/medically directing CRNAs is easier than doing their own cases. One of my locums colleagues has been at a place that previously would only hire board certified people, but a new PE group came in and got around that requirement, so a bunch of fresh out of residency people are there who, as I was told, "don't know how to function without an anesthesia tech to do a lot of things for them," are in a hospital with sick patients and an anesthesia tech isn't always available. They could ask the anesthesiologists on site who work at the hospital full time, but they don't want to be bothered by a bunch of new grad locums who'll leave when they find a better job.

You just have to get ur foot in the door. If they like u. They will use u

U can renegotiate in 3 months. Remember locums contracts are really rolling 30 day contracts. They can cancel u on 30 days. U can cancel them on 30 days.

I kid around a lot on these forums. But I do real work. Network and get experience doing locums.

Any recruiter envoy envision , anesthesia on call usap, dy staffing team health staffing, sound care echo healthcare Napa bridge care division those are the direct 1099 division of the big amc

Than you have your bigger full locums companies like staff care , Locum Tenens

So many to name
Agreed. Networking and providing good customer service cannot be overstated. That said, dont be afraid to call out recruiter BS. Whenever they come in with lowballs, I tell let them know their rate is trash.

Its important to work, but dont work for cheap.

I mean I'm not even new out but it's super annoying going to places with no anesthesia techs. Like I'm not trying to set up art line tubing at your hospital with very sick patients

I mean I'm not even new out but it's super annoying going to places with no anesthesia techs. Like I'm not trying to set up art line tubing at your hospital with very sick patients
It is for sure, but this is a place where where they do have them, and the report I got is they want them in the room the whole time to assist.

Edit: I did locums at this hospital, and the anesthesia techs were awesome, but they couldn't be everywhere. Sometimes I had to get some things ready myself. I have a locums job now where sometimes we don't have a tech because everyone called in sick. It's gotten somewhat better, they've hired a couple more.

Then don’t work there. It takes me about 90 sec to set up an aline and have it zeroed. The one baller GI doc I work with can do everything in the endo suite, during his training he said they would go do inpatient scopes with no in house support at night. You learn the gritty details and know how to micromanage every step.
I’ve been at places with no anesthesia techs, it’s slightly more work, so I ask for more. Same with paper charting.

Do you go through agencies or contract with the hospital directly?

Do you go through agencies or contract with the hospital directly?
Interestingly my experience has been that agencies offer more than direct negotiation. Don’t think it’s true in all cases but my guess is that locums money comes from the hospital and not the anesthesia department so going direct may get you a lower. Some people on this forum have had better luck than me with going direct.

Interestingly my experience has been that agencies offer more than direct negotiation. Don’t think it’s true in all cases but my guess is that locums money comes from the hospital and not the anesthesia department so going direct may get you a lower. Some people on this forum have had better luck than me with going direct.
These days. You will know where the money flow is.

My two main cash flow locums places are in 100% paid by hospital. But the cmo told me specifically I can’t be paid directly by the hospital because “that’s just the way it is”. I said instead of paying locums agency $530/hr. Just pay me $450/hr. And I provide my own malpractice and travel etc. They are reluctant to do that.

It’s like the real estate industry. Most of us who have purchased multiple homes know real estate agents add very little value to the transaction besides taking a 4-6% cut.

But as you can see on these message boards. We have a few novices who ask questions about locums not understanding how things are paid out. These novices are really the reason hospitals admin doesn’t want to deal with docs or even Crnas individually.

These novices are really the reason hospitals admin doesn’t want to deal with docs or even Crnas individually.
That, and most hospital administrators are idiots with very little logic abilities. It’s much easier for them to have someone else figure everything out for them (eg locums agencies) because hiring directly would be more work for them.

That, and most hospital administrators are idiots with very little logic abilities. It’s much easier for them to have someone else figure everything out for them (eg locums agencies) because hiring directly would be more work for them.
It’s the C suite talk. Some people are better at the Bs presentation than others.

The side gig I’m doing. I gave the c suite at the AMC and the hospital very concise numbers what they should be paying as well as the number of vacation weeks each doc should be getting

But they are such knuckleheads. They are clinging to their old formula what the pay should be.

I told them they would bleed 2 million more by the end of the 2024 unless they shore up their staffing
By paying an extra doc 500k

It’s such simple math an idiot can understand what I was proposing. Yeah they tried to give me a market analysis etc of the average pay and work hours. They said “well we can add a 100k sign on bonus “ for 2 years. “Well we can increase vacation by 3 more weeks”. I told them. 100k means nothing. Cause the docs get whacked 35% on that bonus right away. More the sign on bonus and convert it to another 7 weeks of vacation. Those 7 extra weeks for a total of 20 weeks is revenue neutral in lieu of no sign on bonus. I told them I do lot want a sign on bonus. I wanted the extra weeks off. (So I can moonlight elsewhere 1099!! And pay less taxes)

It’s like talking to a wall.

Oh well. I guess I will keep milking this 25k a weekend gig for a while for sleeping on call. Or do the full week for 55-60k. “Straight cash homie “ as my favorite football player Randy Moss is famous for saying. I literally do less work at this place than even my cushy full time job that I barley work at.

It is said that business school is where the straight C students in college go. Hospital administration is where those that were C students in business school go.