How to do well on the PCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MishMash

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are some of the ways to study for the PCAT and do really well?
I bought some of the review books like barrons, and princeton but is this enough ?

Members don't see this ad.

Practice makes perfect. Do as many practice problems as you possibly can, and use flashcards for all of the sections, especially verbal.

Don't forget practicing the essays...I refreshed my essay writing skills during the weeks before the pcat because I was rusty.
I think the chemistry, math, and bio sections are grounds for much improvement. One could look over old notes, etc and tune up on the old knowledge. One couldn't do much for reading comp though, b/c it sort of takes years of reading novels and books to have excellent analytical skills, deduction, and reading "between the lines".

Members don't see this ad :)
I used Barron's as an example of the type of questions that would be asked. After going through the individual sections, I did the two practice tests. Basically, I used the book as a guideline, but if you're better off knowing the material.

Is it enough to know the major concepts for chem, math, bio?
Or do I have to go further to know the miniature details
and specifically how broad and detailed are the questions?
I was just curious because Kaplan seemed to be covering every single thing I learned in class particularly for bio...
Thanks for your advice! :)