how to explain low MCAT on application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Unga

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help! I'm applying to a Canadian medical school where I appear to meet the minimum MCAT requirements, however my score is definitely on the lower side (low 20s). I've decided to apply anyway based on my clinical experience, volunteer work, and GPA. My question is this - the application allows me to provide an explanation for my low MCAT. Should I bother putting down an explanation since I don't really have a good one to provide, and of course I'm not going to lie. My scores were across pretty average across the board, with Bio being the highest and Phys being the lowest. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Please help! I'm applying to a Canadian medical school where I appear to meet the minimum MCAT requirements, however my score is definitely on the lower side (low 20s). I've decided to apply anyway based on my clinical experience, volunteer work, and GPA. My question is this - the application allows me to provide an explanation for my low MCAT. Should I bother putting down an explanation since I don't really have a good one to provide, and of course I'm not going to lie. My scores were across pretty average across the board, with Bio being the highest and Phys being the lowest. What should I do?

I think you pretty much answered your question. Since you did not take the MCAT under any excruciating circumstances, I would just leave it blank.