SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

how to fill out work/activities?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chucky85, May 5, 2007.

1. chucky85

chucky85 2+ Year Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Hello,
    Can someone explain how to fill out the work/activities section of aMcas? Do I just describe what I did for each activity or do I make each description like a personal statement? Can someone post just like 1 or 2 activities they included last year and how they described them?
    Thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. nick_carraway

nick_carraway 10+ Year Member

Mar 7, 2007
  4. Robizzle

Robizzle 1K Member 2+ Year Member

May 28, 2006
    Boston & NYC
  5. nick_carraway

Mar 7, 2007
  6. chickenlittle84

chickenlittle84 2+ Year Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Does anyone have an example that they can post?

7. nick_carraway

Mar 7, 2007
    Did you try the links? You'll find examples there.

8. chickenlittle84

chickenlittle84 2+ Year Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Thanks ecking! I did. And I wrote up my descriptions, and many of them came pretty close to the 1,325 character limit (except really common things like dean's list, etc). According to my advisor, they are descriptive, relevant, and well-written, BUT she thinks they are too long. She said the description should be around 700 characters. There was some controversy on some of the previous pages about how succint you really have to be, so maybe her advice will be useful to someone.

I know I can cut down on some of them, but I just feel like I am not doing myself justice by leaving out really important details in terms of responsibilities and unique accomplishments. Anyone have thoughts on this?