how to fill out work/activities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chucky85

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Can someone explain how to fill out the work/activities section of aMcas? Do I just describe what I did for each activity or do I make each description like a personal statement? Can someone post just like 1 or 2 activities they included last year and how they described them?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks ecking! I did. And I wrote up my descriptions, and many of them came pretty close to the 1,325 character limit (except really common things like dean's list, etc). According to my advisor, they are descriptive, relevant, and well-written, BUT she thinks they are too long. She said the description should be around 700 characters. There was some controversy on some of the previous pages about how succint you really have to be, so maybe her advice will be useful to someone.

I know I can cut down on some of them, but I just feel like I am not doing myself justice by leaving out really important details in terms of responsibilities and unique accomplishments. Anyone have thoughts on this?