How to gain experience in the field.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mohamed25x

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
N/a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm still in college and i want to shadow some dentist, and gain experience in the field. Maybe even get a job. I don't have a personal dentist that im cool with like that, so how would i go about shadowing or even getting a job with a dentist seeing as it is a career i am very interested in.

Just call up some some dentists in the area and ask them if you can come in and shadow. I didn't know any of the dentists that I shadowed, and I shadowed 5 (different specialties). I was never turned down either, which was nice.

I'm still in college and i want to shadow some dentist, and gain experience in the field. Maybe even get a job. I don't have a personal dentist that im cool with like that, so how would i go about shadowing or even getting a job with a dentist seeing as it is a career i am very interested in.

Maybe you should get yourself a "personal dentist" and be uncool.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks super tank, ill try.
@ doc nice sarcasm *****hole!

you can talk to your pre-med/pre-dent advisors, they always have a list of doctors / dentists that allow undergrad students to come and shadow with them.

Another thing you can do is just call up or stop by random dental offices, explain your self to them, and see what they say. Many are cool with having a pre-dental student stop by and just watch them do thier thing