How to get off hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlphaDoC87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a southern California resident. Stats are 27 3.4. I have already been accepted to the 2 DO schools I have interviewed at (with more interviews scheduled). However, I really want to go to Western. I hadn't heard a thing from them, so my friend advised me to call admissions. So, I called and told them I submitted my secondary 2 months ago but haven't heard anything. Very next day, got a hold email. I know my stats are slightly below their average.

Obviously I'm already going to be a doctor, but I want to stay here locally with my family, gf, and community. Is there anything I can do to convince them I'm worth interviewing? The email said to email any updates... I have a lor from my internship program I never submitted, and I'm in the middle of fall semester, but otherwise likely won't have any other details to bring up. Should I wait till December or so and send my new grades and send that lor with a new letter of interest? Or am I basically going to be just waiting for the rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

no this has been answered by adcoms before and the answer is just be patient. You will not get into all the schools you applied so I am sure you were already making a decision to move when you applied to other schools. I do agree with you that sending in grades in December is a good move but other than that no need to update them

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Short of you getting a Cell paper, or mailing them a large donation check, you're going to have to be patient while they work their way though the apps to get to yours. I suspect you'll be getting an II.

The exceptionally wise gyngyn has mentioned numerous times that CA is a net exporter of medical students, and this holds true not only for the MD schools, but the DO schools as well. UCLA alone graduates more pre-meds than there are seats in all the MD + DO schools in CA!

I'm a southern California resident. Stats are 27 3.4. I have already been accepted to the 2 DO schools I have interviewed at (with more interviews scheduled). However, I really want to go to Western. I hadn't heard a thing from them, so my friend advised me to call admissions. So, I called and told them I submitted my secondary 2 months ago but haven't heard anything. Very next day, got a hold email. I know my stats are slightly below their average.

Obviously I'm already going to be a doctor, but I want to stay here locally with my family, gf, and community. Is there anything I can do to convince them I'm worth interviewing? The email said to email any updates... I have a lor from my internship program I never submitted, and I'm in the middle of fall semester, but otherwise likely won't have any other details to bring up. Should I wait till December or so and send my new grades and send that lor with a new letter of interest? Or am I basically going to be just waiting for the rejection?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)